Sponsored

Baja Designs backordered until mid to late March 2022 - LP4, LP9, LP6, Squadron Pros....

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
PSA for the day....

I ordered Baja Designs LP6s direct from Baja Designs in September 2021 and looks like the supply chain issues will delay delivery until March or later 2022....bummer!

Here is the note I received yesterday.
Good Morning/Afternoon ,

We tried reaching out to you today regarding Product Delay Status. We want to be as transparent as possible that way your fully informed . We are currently waiting for circuit boards due to arrive Feb 28th, 2022 in order for my crew to be able to continue building + shipping these LP lights. This does not include assembly and shipping. The target date of arrival will be Mid-March of next year .

The lights that are delayed/effected are as follows:

LP4, LP9, LP6 PRO Driving/Combo Amber , Squadron PRO, XL PRO, and the XL RACER EDITION.

We understand the lead times are not ideal and appreciate your patience and understanding. Please contact our team for further questions or concerns.

We appreciate you and hope you all have a Safe and Happy Holiday!

Their parts are probably sitting on a container ship off Long Beach.
Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Ouch, March ship date projection. They make great quality products, so hopefully it is worth the wait.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
This is going to be the case for everything sooner, rather than later.
Got your eye on an aftermarket part, but waiting to pull the trigger? If it’s in stock, get it now.

Overland Utah

First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Glad I found this thread as I have been dragging my feet. I have been needing some lights since I swapped bumpers and decided on the lp6's. Fortunately I was able to find a set on Amazon (had to buy the harness as a bundle), fingers crossed it isn't an inventory glitch.

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
Glad I found this thread as I have been dragging my feet. I have been needing some lights since I swapped bumpers and decided on the lp6's. Fortunately I was able to find a set on Amazon (had to buy the harness as a bundle), fingers crossed it isn't an inventory glitch.
I purchased the same set yesterday on Amazon that includes the harness as well. Before I purchased, it stated there were 3 sets left. I checked after purchasing and it indeed went down to two. I just checked again and it appears there is 1 set left. If you’re interested, I would purchase now. It won’t last long.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K7Z8QPP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I purchased the same set yesterday on Amazon that includes the harness as well. Before I purchased, it stated there were 3 sets left. I checked after purchasing and it indeed went down to two. I just checked again and it appears there is 1 set left. If you’re interested, I would purchase now. It won’t last long.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K7Z8QPP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Too many counterfeits on Amazon. Get them direct or a trusted reseller.

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many counterfeits on Amazon. Get them direct or a trusted reseller.
I actually called Bajadesigns and they confirmed that the seller for my purchase (SDHQ Motorsports) was an authorized vendor and they actually have many Amazon vendors that are legitimate. But, you’re right, you can’t be too careful these days.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I actually called Bajadesigns and they confirmed that the seller for my purchase (SDHQ Motorsports) was an authorized vendor and they actually have many Amazon vendors that are legitimate. But, you’re right, you can’t be too careful these days.
Smart move to confirm with BD.

My wife is in a battle with Amazon over counterfeit items she received and they don't seem to be on the side of the customer.

graytrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2020 LR Discovery, 2015 RR Sport SC
Purchased my LP6s and harness on Amazon a few weeks ago. They were in and out for stock with limited supply for a few days, but then I found them in stock one day and jumped on it. Arrived in a few days.

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smart move to confirm with BD.

My wife is in a battle with Amazon over counterfeit items she received and they don't seem to be on the side of the customer.
I sure hope she gets a favorable outcome soon. The world is a very shady place these days.

Sponsored

Overland Utah

First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Well I was excited to install my LP6 light on Sunday, only to be let down by Amazon and its distributor. Upon opening up the packages, one seemed lighter than the other... Lo and behold they sent me the wrong lights. I sent a message to the seller hoping that they can just swap the incorrect lights but I fear that I will have to return the entire order.

IMG_0243.jpg

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I was excited to install my LP6 light on Sunday, only to be let down by Amazon and its distributor. Upon opening up the packages, one seemed lighter than the other... Lo and behold they sent me the wrong lights. I sent a message to the seller hoping that they can just swap the incorrect lights but I fear that I will have to return the entire order.

Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs backordered until mid to late March 2022 - LP4, LP9, LP6, Squadron Pros.... IMG_0243
Hopefully the seller will just swap. That would be easier for both of you. I finally got my LP6’S installed yesterday and wired today. They are awesome and love both the low and high beams. I tapped into the parking light under the passenger fender so the amber back light will be on for either parking lights or headlights. Hope you get this situated soon.

Overland Utah

First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully the seller will just swap. That would be easier for both of you. I finally got my LP6’S installed yesterday and wired today. They are awesome and love both the low and high beams. I tapped into the parking light under the passenger fender so the amber back light will be on for either parking lights or headlights. Hope you get this situated soon.
Unfortunately the seller responded with what I feared, they do not have any more in stock so returning is going to be the best option. Looks like I am waiting.

Willing&Able

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 20th Anniversary
Clubs

I must having an amazing wife. I get two LP9 Pro's for Christmas, so not sure when she ordered. Picked up a wiring harness after Christmas and mounting bracket after that. Installed last weekend - epic lights.

JLnike

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 xr
I saw a post somewhere that a dealer got in a large order of LP6 recently, does anyone know somehwere that has them in stock?
Sponsored