Last edited:

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I am afraid youā€™ve been addressing a symptom of another problem. Something is out of wack with your differential housing or drive shaft....but Iā€™m no expert. Iā€™m sure there are others in this forum with more expertise.

clayps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport
interesting. Are you in 4WD when you do youā€™re spinning tires around corners and such? The only thing I can think of that would wear them out prematurely is turning on dry pavement in 4WD.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
How often are you eating U-joints? '20 Sahara on 35s here and I will admit i often accelerate somewhat quickly and do spin the tires around corners here and there but that should not kill a u-joint so fast. Sounds like Im getting a new U joint every oil change at this rate.
Are you hearing a rotational knocking sound? If your Jeep has LSD, it might be your rear differential. A few folks have been having issue with the LSD clutches wearing prematurely.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/knock-in-rear-with-dana-44.16921/

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
How often are you eating U-joints? '20 Sahara on 35s here and I will admit i often accelerate somewhat quickly and do spin the tires around corners here and there but that should not kill a u-joint so fast. Sounds like Im getting a new U joint every oil change at this rate.
Which u-joints are you wearing out? Which transfer case do you have?

Sponsored

OP
OP
LiveToWork

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
I am afraid youā€™ve been addressing a symptom of another problem. Something is out of wack with your differential housing or drive shaft....but Iā€™m no expert. Iā€™m sure there are others in this forum with more expertise.
Turns out you were right its another problem. Right when i was goinng to schedule a service with my dealership, the jeep started pissing out rad fluid and cooking up the motor. Ended up towing to dealership šŸ˜‚

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Turns out you were right its another problem. Right when i was goinng to schedule a service with my dealership, the jeep started pissing out rad fluid and cooking up the motor. Ended up towing to dealership šŸ˜‚
Not quite what I meant - I see a lemon law claim in your future. Sorry....

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Why would a radiator leak cause an axle u-joint to fail? Not following your problems here......

OP
OP
LiveToWork

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
Why would a radiator leak cause an axle u-joint to fail? Not following your problems here......
I was entirely certain it was a u joint as well as 3 of my friends who are into fixing cars. Turned out it was something to do with hubcentric rings not being on properly. Ill find out more when i get back to it next week. The leak was from some loose waterpump bolts which is an uncommon issue theyve seen before.

just so happened to be i had two problems at the same time is all.
Sponsored