Backup Camera random black screen

bbuck7777

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon Unlimited Turbo
Well the balck screen just happened to me. Did several on and off cycles, but no luck yet. Will give it half a day and see if it comes back. And of course we are about to leave home base to multiple monhts!
Sponsored

Twojayhawks

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Occupation
business owner
I'm very sorry to be a member of this club also with a 3 week old JLU. It happened Sunday as in 2 days ago and was like that all day. Monday morning left for work & it was back to normal. Underwhelmed to say the least. I have no intention of taking it to my dealer when it is working fine.

jjs3845

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara Unltd. in Snazzberry
Hmmmmm. Just happened to me just now. 2021 Sahara Utld. I wonder if there was a software release. This seems to be too many owners to be coincidental

jjs3845

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara Unltd. in Snazzberry
Hmmmmm. Just happened to me just now. 2021 Sahara Utld. I wonder if there was a software release. This seems to be too many owners to be coincidental
ok. Mine is working again. Has to be a software problem

bbuck7777

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon Unlimited Turbo
Well mine is back the next day too!

Sponsored

JosephP

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I have a 2021 Wrangler Rubicon w/ 8.4 UConnect and the black screen has happened twice now (1000 miles). It seems to resolve itself the next day. Really feels like a software bug and it's super annoying. I wish I knew about this issue before I purchased.

Does anyone know how to get the version number from the UConnect?

Jeep if you're reading this can you help please!

Marman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Had it happen at least 4 times now on my 2021, last time being today. Always starts to work again the next day.

Andrew2311

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Mine just went black on me for the first time today... I'll see if it comes back tomorrow....

jgo138

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Occupation
Education
This morning my camera didn't black out, but instead was a majority green on the brighter parts of the video. It reminded me of a VGA cable when one of the pins on the connector is bent, and a color is out. Odd though that the rest of the image was normal. I restarted twice and it still came up the same way. During lunch I turned it on and it was back to normal. I found some random image that is in the same ballpark of what my screen displayed:
Jeep Wrangler JL Backup Camera random black screen 1631741394104

Anyone else have a problem like mine?

Edit: 2019 Sahara with ~40k miles. First time I've ever had an issue with the camera!

alp205jl

First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
2019 JL did the same thing today. Tried all of what I’ve seen for resets, turned it off for a few hours, nothing. Touch screen is completely black. When I put it in reverse, the backup camera causes the screen to slightly illuminate but no image. I’m going to have to take a day off work to get this fixed and I am super salty about it.
Sponsored