Backup Camera issue

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
Alot of the camera uses seem to be on the uconnect end... It can be frustrating when the lines disappear and what not, but pulling the fuse for a hard reset should fix it for the time being until a better update comes out
Sponsored

Pipebndr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1943 Ford GPW 2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Automotive business owner, ASE Master Tech
Mine worked the next morning after sitting off for about 10 hours. Just a note, my wife had her IPhone plugged into the usb for a phone call. After unplugging her phone the back up lines were gone. Definitely seems like software issue
I went to get a bite and a pint and all is working again. I think thank these JL were built on haunted ground

subiescott77

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
My backup camera went black on reverse out of nowhere this morning arriving at work. When I checked it a few yours later, camera function returned.

Are we thinking an OTA update caused a bug?

Skubaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Sahara
My backup camera went black on reverse out of nowhere this morning arriving at work. When I checked it a few yours later, camera function returned.

Are we thinking an OTA update caused a bug?
Mine did that a few days back. Will have them check connections at first maintenance

subiescott77

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine did that a few days back. Will have them check connections at first maintenance
I was able to get an appointment tomorrow somehow despite nearly all dealers being back logged, I'll update on what is found.

Sponsored

subiescott77

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No real update. Camera function returned so it's hard to justify having them look into anything. The shop manager did mention it can happen during UConnect updates. If it becomes either a frequent or goes out for an extended time, I will have it looked into.

gukicker10

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I bought my JL Sahara a few weeks ago and have been having daily issues with rear backup camera. The rear backup camera gives a green screen when I put it in reverse. I have the manual transmission and at least once per day I'm getting this green screen. In order to fix it, I have to turn the vehicle off, open the doors to turn the UConnect off, and then turn the Jeep back on. This temporarily fixes the issue (until it happens again). I’ve reached out to JeepCares a few days ago and am eagerly waiting their response. I’ve tried contacting my local dealer but they have yet to call me back on the issue. It’s beyond frustrating to have these issues with a 45k vehicle. Can anyone verify if/when an OTA update has come yet for the UConnect?

MCOJEEP

First Name
MCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I bought my JL Sahara a few weeks ago and have been having daily issues with rear backup camera. The rear backup camera gives a green screen when I put it in reverse. I have the manual transmission and at least once per day I'm getting this green screen. In order to fix it, I have to turn the vehicle off, open the doors to turn the UConnect off, and then turn the Jeep back on. This temporarily fixes the issue (until it happens again). I’ve reached out to JeepCares a few days ago and am eagerly waiting their response. I’ve tried contacting my local dealer but they have yet to call me back on the issue. It’s beyond frustrating to have these issues with a 45k vehicle. Can anyone verify if/when an OTA update has come yet for the UConnect?
I have the same issue and am waiting on at OTA update for the 8.4" UConnect screen. Apparently the update was released over 6 weeks ago but is being sent out in random blocks of VINS and no one at Uconnect or FCA have any control over when it will hit my specific vehicle. Very aggravated too!

Joe Paul

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I have the same issue and am waiting on at OTA update for the 8.4" UConnect screen. Apparently the update was released over 6 weeks ago but is being sent out in random blocks of VINS and no one at Uconnect or FCA have any control over when it will hit my specific vehicle. Very aggravated too!
I had that happen once...pulled the fuse...after a few minutes, put it back in....ok so far.

Cameljoe121

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
Today my backup camera just quit working. Everything else in the uconnect works fine. When I put the jeep in rever it just stays in whatever screen it was on. When I go into the controls to manually select it, nothing happens. It's a very strange thing. Everything else 100% operational. Anyone have any ideas? Guess I'll try disconnecting the negative cable to see if that resets it.
A OTA update was down two days ago worked fine until this evening just get a black screen that says watch your surroundings no picture or guide lines.

Sponsored

Cameljoe121

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
A OTA update was down two days ago worked fine until this evening just get a black screen that says watch your surroundings no picture or guide lines.
Update: Let the car sit for 45 minutes or so tried again came right up working fine.

TJ01

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler JLUR
Having same issue as we speak. Black pic check surrounding. Seen my off road page is back though. Hope it comes back on.

Cameljoe121

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
Having same issue as we speak. Black pic check surrounding. Seen my off road page is back though. Hope it comes back on.
My off road pages is back but it takes around 60 seconds or so after the Uconnect startup for the icon for the off-road pages to show up once it shows the icon I can use off road pages fine. Even with me putting the shortcut for the off road pages in the bottom quick icon bar the shortcut shows a U shortcut icon then after the 60 secs it turns to the proper shortcut and is usable anyone seeing what I am regarding the extra loading time for the off road pages.

TJ01

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler JLUR
My off road pages is back but it takes around 60 seconds or so after the Uconnect startup for the icon for the off-road pages to show up once it shows the icon I can use off road pages fine. Even with me putting the shortcut for the off road pages in the bottom quick icon bar the shortcut shows a U shortcut icon then after the 60 secs it turns to the proper shortcut and is usable anyone seeing what I am regarding the extra loading time for the off road pages.
Well my off road page is gone now. Back up camera working again. What the heck is going on?

Cameljoe121

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
Well my off road page is gone now. Back up camera working again. What the heck is going on?
Initially some JL were built from the factory with the off road pages already there but, FCA did an update to pull that feature out they may have don’t it again at least in my opinion the recent update not sure if it was supposed to put the off road pages back on it may a been a mistake which they are pulling back not sure. When I go to work I’ll see if mine are still there and let you know.
Sponsored