Sponsored

Backup Camera issue

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Look at my posts and the surrounding ones in this thread about post #228ish. And see if your numbers match up. Since I got the update have not had the backup camera issue once. Still have Bluetooth issues where it won't remember my damn phone... But why would a 50k ride do that in 2021? I'm asking too much
@JimmyZ

Not sure I ever mentioned // replied to any of your posts.... but....

Have you ever gone into UConnect at Smartphone Projection Manager and removed any and all bluetooth devices and then gone back and repaired your smartphone(s). Doing this often can remedy such and other connection issues..

Jeep Wrangler JL Backup Camera issue Attach0_20200718_133258
Sponsored

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
@JimmyZ

Not sure I ever mentioned // replied to any of your posts.... but....

Have you ever gone into UConnect at Smartphone Projection Manager and removed any and all bluetooth devices and then gone back and repaired your smartphone(s). Doing this often can remedy such and other connection issues..

Jeep Wrangler JL Backup Camera issue Attach0_20200718_133258
I think I have done this but hell I'll try it again. I've even deleted the Bluetooth cache from my phone ECT. U-Connect manager Samantha refused to troubleshoot it because the Note 20 Ultra was not tested by their development team (though it's on their website). It's the weirdest thing (my Bluetooth issues) because it works 80% of the time. The other 20 percent it says no phone located and offers me to pair a new phone. If I plug up the USB cable then disconnect it I'll be back paired to Bluetooth.

This is my forte, I did 5 1/2 years as a tier II tech support rep for the largest cellular phone provider in the us.

I just haven't been able to determine the issue other than it has to be a software issue in the U-Connect software. It's definitely not a hardware issues as my 8.4 gas been replaced previously and it's the same thing. I was in a loaner charger and had no issues while I had that thing.

I'm going out now to do what you said man and I'll post back in a couple days if it works. Thanks again.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I think I have done this but hell I'll try it again. I've even deleted the Bluetooth cache from my phone ECT. U-Connect manager Samantha refused to troubleshoot it because the Note 20 Ultra was not tested by their development team (though it's on their website). It's the weirdest thing (my Bluetooth issues) because it works 80% of the time. The other 20 percent it says no phone located and offers me to pair a new phone. If I plug up the USB cable then disconnect it I'll be back paired to Bluetooth.

This is my forte, I did 5 1/2 years as a tier II tech support rep for the largest cellular phone provider in the us.

I just haven't been able to determine the issue other than it has to be a software issue in the U-Connect software. It's definitely not a hardware issues as my 8.4 gas been replaced previously and it's the same thing. I was in a loaner charger and had no issues while I had that thing.

I'm going out now to do what you said man and I'll post back in a couple days if it works. Thanks again.
@JimmyZ

Especially IF, if you see your smartphone listed twice in Smartphone Connection Manager..... is a red flag that your issue may be related to that alone. Again delete any and all devices in Smartphone Connection Manager and then repair your devices...

Sponsored

ravdocjl

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler High Altitude 4xe
Hello everyone,

We're sorry to hear about the concerns you're running into while trying to get your software up to date! If you'd ever like an additional layer of support or you'd like us to look into your situation for you, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Courtney
Jeep Cares
I'd like some help. I have tried to contact JeepCares twice!

No one responds.....

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
After 4 trips to the dealer, including a software update that failed, the entire Uconnect 4C radio was replaced. Seems to have finally fixed the missing backup lines for me.

Minor hassle: had to contact SiriusXM to get the subscription transferred from the defective radio to the new unit. Required a good 45 minutes, but got it done.

The guidelines appear each time I shift into reverse, so now I'm a happy camper.

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 4 trips to the dealer, including a software update that failed, the entire Uconnect 4C radio was replaced. Seems to have finally fixed the missing backup lines for me.

Minor hassle: had to contact SiriusXM to get the subscription transferred from the defective radio to the new unit. Required a good 45 minutes, but got it done.

The guidelines appear each time I shift into reverse, so now I'm a happy camper.
My backup guidelines has been perfect for months since the update. Still have phone Bluetooth issues, but I've given up on that. FYI the SiriusXM can be updated via the website unless you have the lifetime subscription like me. Hence I had to call too.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Wrangler Sahara, 21 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
JummyZ what update did you do? I have done several and the dealer too. Still have intermittent reverse lines.

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JummyZ what update did you do? I have done several and the dealer too. Still have intermittent reverse lines.
Sorry for the delayed response... Been hectic at work. It was an OTA (over the air) update. I can get you the system information, but I think it was attached in this thread. Lemme look back. Of not I'll get a pic after work

Sponsored

dallastx75206

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
I still have not received the OTA update to my 2021 JEEP. Can someone tell me if its still being rolled out in waves or did my vehicle just not get included? My backup lines are still missing

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I still have not received the OTA update to my 2021 JEEP. Can someone tell me if its still being rolled out in waves or did my vehicle just not get included? My backup lines are still missing
Get with @JeepCares they will get you with the Uconnect personnel. Thought they were not the greatest, but the pressure from JeepCares I felt helped me get it.

SaintNick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JLU High Tide
So I replaced my 7" radio a week and then my backup camera because of a chip in the lens. Tested before putting back together and it worked. Put everything back together and now its says "camera system unavailable." Any ideas?
Jeep Wrangler JL Backup Camera issue IMG_0172

Last edited:

SaintNick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JLU High Tide
I think I might have pinched the wiring harness when I reinstalled the tire carrier and tire. Ordered a new one to try to fix this issue otherwise I'm out of options.
Sponsored