scott.roams

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Researching...
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum! I'll quickly give away my age by saying I've been a longtime fan of discussion forums well before the start of any Facebook group. LOL.

I reside in the west valley of Phoenix, AZ. I'm curious what dealerships those of you also in Arizona (or surrounding states) have utilized for your new JL order? I don't get a ton of vacation time at work so driving a new Jeep back from Florida (for example) to Arizona just isn't realistic. I'm ASSuming any shipping cost would negate the low cost / below invoice discount...?

That being said, it sounds like southwest / west coast residents are isolated to the (Tuttle) Irvine, CA dealership, correct? The other question I have is in regards to the sales tax. I've seen a concern come up a few times in various topics regarding the likelihood of paying sales tax - twice. Is this accurate? Please say no. šŸ˜• I would think on a $50K vehicle, paying sales tax twice would also potentially negate any low dollar deal.

Lastly, have any of you traded in your current vehicle during these deals? I'm curious about that part of the experience, as well. Or if you're purchasing out of state, is everyone buying a one-way plane ticket?

Thanks for your time, the info and thanks for the help!

- Scott.
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Doesn't make sense for us AZ folks to trade in a vehicle on out of state purchases from my experience. So if you have a trade, better to sell it privately. If that doesn't work, use a local dealer such as Bill Luke etc on an order (they probably won't do more than a few percentage points back from invoice). That said, typically the shipping from east coast to west coast is still cheaper than ordering in state, assuming you're doing a high MSRP build (closer to the 55-60k number). Otherwise, it doesn't from what I've seen.

You do not have to pay sales tax twice, at least I didn't -- and I've purchased from 4 or 5 other states.

IrrationalCPA

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, F-150 Tremor, 991.2T
Used Jones Jeep for my purchase in Wickenburg. No trade. I didnā€™t special order the vehicle though so not sure how many allocations they get, or if they apply ADMs to orders, but they were low stress, no markup on my purchase. Would recommend. Have bought Jeeps at different dealerships around the valley, Moore in Peoria was good, but that was probably close to 10yrs ago. Donā€™t recommend heading out east to north scottsdale, recent horrible experience.

amprice4

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4XE
I just used Gupton for mine and it is currently awaiting the transport truck to pick it up and deliver to my door. With their great discounts, it will still save you thousands compared to ordering from a local dealer.

I would also recommend contacting Clutch Auto Deals, he is a broker that had a dealer in AZ that would do pretty good deals. He is very highly recommended over on Leasehackr.
https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/clut...bmw-jeep-ram-toyota-gmc-buick-cadillac/317296
https://www.clutchautodeals.com/contact

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I just used Gupton for mine and it is currently awaiting the transport truck to pick it up and deliver to my door. With their great discounts, it will still save you thousands compared to ordering from a local dealer.

I would also recommend contacting Clutch Auto Deals, he is a broker that had a dealer in AZ that would do pretty good deals. He is very highly recommended over on Leasehackr.
https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/clut...bmw-jeep-ram-toyota-gmc-buick-cadillac/317296
https://www.clutchautodeals.com/contact
Nice, good call on that.

Sponsored

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
Check out Jim Marsh Jim in Las Vegas. I bought mine from Denis Dillon in Bosie Idaho, used Mesa Gateway flight for $90 to get there, had a blast driving it home.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I bought 3 of my 4 JLs out of state. my 2021 was from Fort Collins Jeep. even after paying roughly $800 to ship it here I saved a ton. (Over 6k).

Lizeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 nissan 240sx
your best bet is to order from mark dodge or petersens in idaho and ship it
after taxes shipping itll be the most $$$ saved from there

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
I found that Arizona dealers are unwilling to offer any real discounts, so I ordered from Mark Dodge in Louisiana. It's a straight shot on I-10 from them to us. After shipping costs, I'll still end up at about 2 or 3% under invoice, and so far the process has been very easy.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I found that Arizona dealers are unwilling to offer any real discounts, so I ordered from Mark Dodge in Louisiana. It's a straight shot on I-10 from them to us. After shipping costs, I'll still end up at about 2 or 3% under invoice, and so far the process has been very easy.
I bought my first 2 JLs out of state, had issues with my 3rd (was damaged in shipping to dealership) so ended up finding a replacement for my 3rd at Tempe Jeep. When I was ready for my 4th order I went back to Tempe as they matched the price of my 3rd out of state order that was damaged at 5% under invoice. When I tried to order my 4th they would not only not match any offer, they were 5k over MSRP. I tried all local dealers and none would go under MSRP. I ended up 6% under invoice in CO. I will always order out of state going forward.

Sponsored

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
I bought my first 2 JLs out of state, had issues with my 3rd (was damaged in shipping to dealership) so ended up finding a replacement for my 3rd at Tempe Jeep. When I was ready for my 4th order I went back to Tempe as they matched the price of my 3rd out of state order that was damaged at 5% under invoice. When I tried to order my 4th they would not only not match any offer, they were 5k over MSRP. I tried all local dealers and none would go under MSRP. I ended up 6% under invoice in CO. I will always order out of state going forward.
I won't even buy parts for my current Jeep at Tempe Jeep because their prices are way high. I have them shipped from a dealer in Avondale and still come out ahead.

OP
OP
scott.roams

scott.roams

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Researching...
That definitely simplifies things, but also means I'd need to have an additional $3K - $4K of cash on hand to pay the tax man in AZ which would have otherwise been rolled into the total cost of the vehicle and loan at the time of purchase. Unless I'm misinterpreting?

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum! I'll quickly give away my age by saying I've been a longtime fan of discussion forums well before the start of any Facebook group. LOL.

I reside in the west valley of Phoenix, AZ. I'm curious what dealerships those of you also in Arizona (or surrounding states) have utilized for your new JL order? I don't get a ton of vacation time at work so driving a new Jeep back from Florida (for example) to Arizona just isn't realistic. I'm ASSuming any shipping cost would negate the low cost / below invoice discount...?

That being said, it sounds like southwest / west coast residents are isolated to the (Tuttle) Irvine, CA dealership, correct? The other question I have is in regards to the sales tax. I've seen a concern come up a few times in various topics regarding the likelihood of paying sales tax - twice. Is this accurate? Please say no. šŸ˜• I would think on a $50K vehicle, paying sales tax twice would also potentially negate any low dollar deal.

Lastly, have any of you traded in your current vehicle during these deals? I'm curious about that part of the experience, as well. Or if you're purchasing out of state, is everyone buying a one-way plane ticket?

Thanks for your time, the info and thanks for the help!

- Scott.
Used Jones Jeep for my purchase in Wickenburg. No trade. I didnā€™t special order the vehicle though so not sure how many allocations they get, or if they apply ADMs to orders, but they were low stress, no markup on my purchase. Would recommend. Have bought Jeeps at different dealerships around the valley, Moore in Peoria was good, but that was probably close to 10yrs ago. Donā€™t recommend heading out east to north scottsdale, recent horrible experience.
I used Jones in Wickenburg also, special order no trade. My experience was great. 7% below invoice (in 2018) if I remember correctly. Did it all over phone & email till time to pick up. Only 50 miles from home.

OP
OP
scott.roams

scott.roams

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Researching...
I used Jones in Wickenburg also, special order no trade. My experience was great. 7% below invoice (in 2018) if I remember correctly. Did it all over phone & email till time to pick up. Only 50 miles from home.
Definitely going to add Jones in the mix!
Sponsored