Axle Lock Off Button

Jim_95

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Had the Jeep out this weekend and wasn't able to unlock the rear locker with the Axle Lock Off Button as per the manual. In fact, the "button" doesn't seem to push at all. It's just hard red plastic that doesn't depress when pushed. The front locker unlocks by pushing the locker switch down, but I had to shift out of 4 Low to get the rear to unlock. I feel like I'm just missing something. Any thoughts? BTW, the Jeep was absolutely awesome out there.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Had the Jeep out this weekend and wasn't able to unlock the rear locker with the Axle Lock Off Button as per the manual. In fact, the "button" doesn't seem to push at all. It's just hard red plastic that doesn't depress when pushed. The front locker unlocks by pushing the locker switch down, but I had to shift out of 4 Low to get the rear to unlock. I feel like I'm just missing something. Any thoughts? BTW, the Jeep was absolutely awesome out there.
There’s something wrong with the axle off button, it should depress.

OP
OP
Jim_95

Jim_95

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hmmm...it's the same switch. Pressing down locks the rear, pressing up locks front and rear, pressing down again unlocks the front, but keeps the rear locked. Pressing the switch down again doesn't do anything. The manual states "To unlock the axles, push the AXLE LOCK OFF button." :
upload_2019-3-18_16-3-38.png

The axle lock off button appears to be just to the left of the axle lock switch, but doesn't seem to depress when pushed and the rear axle does not unlock. Before trying it, I though the button might pop out when the lockers were engaged, but that didn't happen.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
You in 4L?

Sponsored

Fays4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited 2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Z71
Ya, after seeing this thread and editing my post regarding my error, I just went out and checked the wife's to be sure....ours depresses. If the OP's doesn't, something's wrong.
LOL! I just did the exact same thing.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Typically, once I'm on the actual trail, I just leave the rear locked and lock the front as needed.
Thats putting unecessary stress on your rear locker. You may shorten its life span by doing that.
Was just reading about this last night

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
Just hit the button and give it a bit of time. It isn't instant like the lockup. It takes about the same amount of time the sway bar takes to connect/disconnect.

OP
OP
Jim_95

Jim_95

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just hit the button and give it a bit of time. It isn't instant like the lockup. It takes about the same amount of time the sway bar takes to connect/disconnect.
I'll give it another try in Joshua Tree this weekend. That's the thing about locker questions, you really can't try anything out until you go somewhere. Thanks for everyone's input.
Sponsored