Sponsored

Auxito sun visor reinforcement clips don't work!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
...to what?

Break like the American designed (and made?) part it is fixing?
Knock offs...

Good chance that they will ...... Be rather flimsy, have color variation, be lacking in quality, have fitment issues, screws are crapola...
Sponsored

Wulfgott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PUNK'N 2.0L Turbo JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Meat popsicle
My driver side sunshade gave up the ghost as well. I got the double screw version (Taccom brand ones). Not sure if it is any better than the single or what not. I then had the dealer replace the visor under warranty and installed these after just for piece of mind. Fit perfectly fine on my 2020. They piece itself is very solid and I would have to go look, but I think they have a pre-beveled edge now. If it ever breaks again, I most likely will never know because I installed this fix preemptively. Also, the plastic it mounts to wobbles if you manipulate it on mine too.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
...to what?

Break like the American designed (and made?) part it is fixing?
;) Now, now, there's no call for going all "factual" on us. Most of us here are perfectly happy with our jeeps with all the baling wire and duct tape holding them together, once we push our fuses in, fix DW, loose steering, and dodge the flames of the burning manual transmission JLs on the side of the road.

PhoenixM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR86, 2023 Wrangler JLURD
I think I might fabricate something a bit different. Still tossing the idea around….

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
;) Now, now, there's no call for going all "factual" on us. Most of us here are perfectly happy with our jeeps with all the baling wire and duct tape holding them together, once we push our fuses in, fix DW, loose steering, and dodge the flames of the burning manual transmission JLs on the side of the road.
If I could award you a trophy for winning the internet for today... I would.

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Knock offs...

Good chance that they will ...... Be rather flimsy, have color variation, be lacking in quality, have fitment issues, screws are crapola...
Data to back up your FUD?

Original_Junior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JKURXR
I understand that the base mount (black plastic that the visor rod goes through) has changed on 2022+ models. It has a wobble that 2021 and below JL's never had. Evidently, it mounts via a spring type clip into the body. I never took it apart so I can't verify. I installed the TACOM single side reinforcement the day after I brought my 2022 home in late July. I have that wobble even though my screws are tight. Is this the fix for the broken visors of previous JL's? Don't know but I stalled the TACOM supports and hold pressure on that visor base plate whenever opening or closing my visor in hopes to never have that broken visor problem.
Sponsored