Sponsored

Auxito sun visor reinforcement clips don't work!

Chugiakguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wlllys Sport
  • Banned
After reading the innumerable stories about how flimsy and breakable the arms on the JL sun visors are, I thought I'd be proactive on this and buy a set of reinforcement clips for them, to forestall the visors breaking off while I am driving. So, I ordered a pair of visor reinforcement clips from Auxito:

https://www.auxito.com/products/sun...orum&utm_medium=Backlink&utm_campaign=Vincent

Jeep Wrangler JL Auxito sun visor reinforcement clips don't work! visor cli

However, I just tried to install them on my sun visors, only to find that the pipe-trap-shaped-arm that holds up the sun visor is too wide for these clips to install around! So they are useless to me.

Maybe they worked on previous model years of Wranglers, and maybe the sun visor arm was widened or strengthened recently, but be aware that these reinforcement clips are unusable on a 2022 (and presumably also a 2023) Wrangler.

It makes me wonder whether the versions made by TACCOM (of which I only became aware yesterday) are similarly unusable on 2022 and 2023 Wrangler sun visors as well.
Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
TACCOM’s were the original, you bought knock-offs. I have a 2022 and the TACCOM’s work on mine, but I have the single screw version with the hook. The only thing I find wrong with the TACCOM double screw version is that sometimes people have had to grind a corner to prevent destruction of visors.

OP
OP
Chugiakguy

Chugiakguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wlllys Sport
  • Banned
TACCOM’s were the original, you bought knock-offs. I have a 2022 and the TACCOM’s work on mine, but I have the single screw version with the hook. The only thing I find wrong with the TACCOM double screw version is that sometimes people have had to grind a corner to prevent destruction of visors.
Yeah, somehow my (incomplete) research had led me to believe that it was the TACCOM's that were the knockoffs!

Be that as it may, it would appear that there has been some kind of change in the sun visor support arms recently, whether exactly coinciding with the 2022 model year or not, I don't know. But it still makes me wonder whether the reinforcement clips from TACCOM would similarly not fit and not work on a 2022 Wrangler's sun visors.

Anyone with a 2022 Wrangler, specifically, have any input or direct first-hand experience with any of these sun visor reinforcement clips?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Yeah, somehow my (incomplete) research had led me to believe that it was the TACCOM's that were the knockoffs!

Be that as it may, it would appear that there has been some kind of change in the sun visor support arms recently, whether exactly coinciding with the 2022 model year or not, I don't know. But it still makes me wonder whether the reinforcement clips from TACCOM would similarly not fit and not work on a 2022 Wrangler's sun visors.

Anyone with a 2022 Wrangler, specifically, have any input or direct first-hand experience with any of these sun visor reinforcement clips?
@Chugiakguy

A week or so ago, a forum member... a gal.... made a forum post or two, where she said there was a change in the visor brackets on the 2022 / 2023 JL's.... And thus, no visor bracket worries for those model years.

Anyway, very good chance this was misinformation....

I spoke with 3 different Mopar parts guys this week and they told me there was no change... According to them, Visors on a 2018 are the same as on a 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023.

I guess the 3 different parts guys could all be wrong but....

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chugiakguy

Chugiakguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wlllys Sport
  • Banned
@Chugiakguy

A week or so ago, a forum member... a gal.... made a forum post or two, where she said there was a change in the visor brackets on the 2022 / 2023 JL's.... And thus, no visor bracket worries for those model years.

Anyway, very good chance this was misinformation....

I spoke with 3 different Mopar parts guys this week and they told me there was no change... According to them, Visors on a 2018 are the same as on a 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023.

I guess the 3 different parts guys could all be wrong but....
Interesting, Rhinebeck.

And I suppose that it is possible that somehow the Auxito reinforcement clips were made incorrectly, with too narrow a notch to be able to fit around the sun visor support arm. I obviously don't have one from TACCOM in hand to make the comparison. Nor do I have a pre-2022 Jeep on hand to compare the visor support arms, either.

All I know is, SOMETHING is not right here!

On a different but related note, I was a bit dismayed to see, while I was trying to install those Auxito reinforcement clips, that the entire mounting panel into which my sun visors are attached are wobbly, and seem destined to break off themselves (the plastic panels into which the 2 torx screws are fastened, and from which the visor support arm extends). It was not a matter of the screws being loose --- I checked that, and they were tight. Has anyone else seen anything similar?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting, Rhinebeck.

And I suppose that it is possible that somehow the Auxito reinforcement clips were made incorrectly, with too narrow a notch to be able to fit around the sun visor support arm. I obviously don't have one from TACCOM in hand to make the comparison. Nor do I have a pre-2022 Jeep on hand to compare the visor support arms, either.

@Chugiakguy

Email [email protected] and ask the owner if his visor clips do fit a 2022 and 2023 JL/JT visor bracket.

The owner of Taccom is really a decent and upfront guy. A USA business owner with a terrific reputation. He resides in Minnesota, USA.

I have messaged Tim, many times via eBAY messaging... Also, he is a forum member @Shootertim

Anyway, he is really upfront and will give you an honest answer.

As for me.... I will not buy/go with knockoff's of the original TACCOM sun visor clips. No way.

By the way, since your visors are not broken, you will do just fine going with the single, hook style clip that Taccom sells. Tim, Taccom's owner will tell you the same thing.

HEY... let us know what he says!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chugiakguy

Chugiakguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wlllys Sport
  • Banned
@Chugiakguy

Email [email protected] and ask the owner if his visor clips do fit a 2022 and 2023 visor bracket.

The owner of Taccom is really a decent and upfront guy. I have messaged back and forth with him many times... actually he is a forum member but I forget his ID.

Anyway, he is really upfront and will give you an honest answer.

As for me no way ...... I will not buy/go with knockoff's of the original TACCOM sun visor clips. No way.

By the way, since your visors are not broken, you will do just fine going with the single, hook style clip that Taccom sells. Taccom's owner will tell you the same thing.
Thanks, Rhinebeck, and I had actually already looked his contact address up and sent him an email, laying out the situation and my questions regarding these sun visor reinforcement clips in respect to the 2022 Wranglers, specifically. I'll be very interested in what he has to say.

As Alaska is the land of the low-angle sun, I use my sun visors a LOT, and I am just afraid that mine would end up broken before very long. But it is strange to me that those Auxito clips would in no way fit around that visor support arm, as I've read of other Jeep owners who have installed them successfully. Which again makes me wonder if that poster you mentioned might not have been correct, and there was in fact some kind of redesign of that visor support arm in 2022.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, Rhinebeck, and I had actually already looked his contact address up and sent him an email, laying out the situation and my questions regarding these sun visor reinforcement clips in respect to the 2022 Wranglers, specifically. I'll be very interested in what he has to say.

As Alaska is the land of the low-angle sun, I use my sun visors a LOT, and I am just afraid that mine would end up broken before very long. But it is strange to me that those Auxito clips would in no way fit around that visor support arm, as I've read of other Jeep owners who have installed them successfully. Which again makes me wonder if that poster you mentioned might not have been correct, and there was in fact some kind of redesign of that visor support arm in 2022.
Well, you purchased a knockoff offering Made in China. It is not unusual for a Chinese knock off to ...

Anyway, lets see what you hear from Tim, the owner of Taccom.
@Shootertim is Tim's forum ID.

Auxito...

Jeep Wrangler JL Auxito sun visor reinforcement clips don't work! 980-[o

OP
OP
Chugiakguy

Chugiakguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wlllys Sport
Well, you purchased a knockoff offering Made in China. It is not unusual for a Chinese knock off to ...

Anyway, lets see what you hear from Tim, owner of Taccom.

Auxito...

Yes, yes, I know, shame on me!
Feeding the tyranny of Winnie the Pooh!

Sponsored

Canucklesammich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I have a 2022 & have the Taccom hook-style. I remember the site, per owner, said the only reason he made the 2 hole version is because people weren't convinced the 1 hole version was sturdy enough. One of them was a bit of a pain to install- almost too small for the visor arm, but I got it to fit around with some elbow grease. Haven't had any problems since; I also got them for preventative purposes.

Booker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR XR
After reading the innumerable stories about how flimsy and breakable the arms on the JL sun visors are, I thought I'd be proactive on this and buy a set of reinforcement clips for them, to forestall the visors breaking off while I am driving. So, I ordered a pair of visor reinforcement clips from Auxito:

https://www.auxito.com/products/sun...orum&utm_medium=Backlink&utm_campaign=Vincent

However, I just tried to install them on my sun visors, only to find that the pipe-trap-shaped-arm that holds up the sun visor is too wide for these clips to install around! So they are useless to me.

Maybe they worked on previous model years of Wranglers, and maybe the sun visor arm was widened or strengthened recently, but be aware that these reinforcement clips are unusable on a 2022 (and presumably also a 2023) Wrangler.

It makes me wonder whether the versions made by TACCOM (of which I only became aware yesterday) are similarly unusable on 2022 and 2023 Wrangler sun visors as well.
I used the TACCOM single screw version on my 2023 a few weeks ago. It was tight and I had to rotate it around the arm to get it to clip in. Then I would screw it in (opposite of the directions). Worked just fine for me.

MattR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Interesting, Rhinebeck.

On a different but related note, I was a bit dismayed to see, while I was trying to install those Auxito reinforcement clips, that the entire mounting panel into which my sun visors are attached are wobbly, and seem destined to break off themselves (the plastic panels into which the 2 torx screws are fastened, and from which the visor support arm extends). It was not a matter of the screws being loose --- I checked that, and they were tight. Has anyone else seen anything similar?
Regarding the wobbly mount, mine is like that as well (2023). As far as I can tell, the screws are tight but the frame clips they screw into wobble. I was wiring a radar detector to the mirror so didn’t do much more than take the visor off to look at it and put it back up. It am also wondering if this is common.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
...to what?

Break like the American designed (and made?) part it is fixing?
Sponsored