First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR ,2001 TJ, 1978 CJ5
Occupation
Deep Sea Diver
well It showed up this morning in uconnect. But now need to see why the switches don’t have power.
so this is isn't related to the tuner but
I recently installed the Mopar Aux switch on our 2018 JLUR 2.0L
Installed everything as per instructions and was a fairly simple install plenty out there on videos and guides as the Mopar instructions kinda suck. worst part was switching the pins on the Body Wiring harness.

Once installed and batteries were reconnected and started.... Boom I get a C.E.L, and informed that Start/Stop unavailable.
Well I knew I needed to get it flashed by the dealer anyway for the Aux switch to work ... so I brought it in to have them figure out what was going on. After hours of the tech scratching his head and me telling him where some things are at, swapping out the I.B.S (intelligent battery sensor on the ground) they disconnect the Aux switch system and say they think the switch is bad as its back feeding voltage through the (orange) Can Bus wire. so after paying the dealer with my first born I'm still don't have a working Aux switch.

they said they were getting 11.4v through the Can Bus wires

I pulled apart every connector all wiring was correct. So with the Orange Can Bus wire disconnected its only putting out 3.4v I can replace the switch itself for about $40 I guess that cheeps insurance but just wanted to see if anyone had any issues as well?
Sponsored

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Installed everything as per instructions and was a fairly simple install plenty out there on videos and guides as the Mopar instructions kinda suck. worst part was switching the pins on the Body Wiring harness.

Once installed and batteries were reconnected and started.... Boom I get a C.E.L, and informed that Start/Stop unavailable.
Well I knew I needed to get it flashed by the dealer anyway for the Aux switch to work ... so I brought it in to have them figure out what was going on. After hours of the tech scratching his head and me telling him where some things are at, swapping out the I.B.S (intelligent battery sensor on the ground) they disconnect the Aux switch system and say they think the switch is bad as its back feeding voltage through the (orange) Can Bus wire. so after paying the dealer with my first born I'm still don't have a working Aux switch.

I pulled apart every connector all wiring was correct. So with the Orange Can Bus wire disconnected its only putting out 3.4v I can replace the switch itself for about $40 I guess that cheeps insurance but just wanted to see if anyone had any issues as well?
I know it sounds dumb but have you checked the back and or fully assembly of the Aux switches, also did you connect both leads to positiver under hood? do you have any photos of how you have it ?.. some have had issues were the clips for the back cover of it come just separated enough for it to cause issue with no functions. it can happen fairly easier than you think when installing into center bezel.. also what CEL? and is it active? is it a PDC code?

Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 11.16.46 PM.png

Last edited:

Chamlin2

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Deep Sea Diver
I will get pics when I can but yes both leads are connected to the battery, and grounds are ran to the passenger fender. I have checked all connections to the back of the switch panel and the switch itself.

Jackmad

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jl

Well I just installed my aux switches as well and flashed my computer with the flash cal the lights all turn up and the aux switch comes up in my setting how ever I cannot change from momentary to latch it just stays on latch and I cannot make the switch work only when engine is on they work when car is off as well if u got any tips lmk

Chamlin2

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Deep Sea Diver
Well I just installed my aux switches as well and flashed my computer with the flash cal the lights all turn up and the aux switch comes up in my setting how ever I cannot change from momentary to latch it just stays on latch and I cannot make the switch work only when engine is on they work when car is off as well if u got any tips lmk
Have you tried it on switch 3 or 4?