Aux battery question

OP
OP

SeventyGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thanks for all the kind words guys. After just under 3 weeks, it seems to have run it's course. Just get this bit of a sore throat now and then but nothing like it was in the first week or so. The past two days I have been feeling pretty normal. Glad it didn't hit my wife as hard as it did me. She's 70 and a pretty frail 100 pounder. She never got the sore throat and only had fever one day.

As far as the Jeep battery(s) go, the thing is starting right up like it never had the no-start issue. Go figure. So I am going to think on what to do with the dual battery dilema. But I am going to keep testing them the see how many volts they have just sitting and see if it drops. Thanks again for all the support.
Sponsored

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
@Rhinebeck01 Can this also be done with the 2.0? I'd love to be able to disconnect the aux battery all together. I cant stand the ESS and on my Ranger it's simple to bypass it. Just plug an LED nightlight into the rear 110 outlet and it has just enough draw to trick the system. The outlet goes off after 20 minutes shutting the vehicle down so no draw there.
Obviously I'm not @Rhinebeck01, but I made the jumper and was going to try it this weekend on our 2.0L, but it's been too frickin' cold to go out to the barn and try it out!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Obviously I'm not @Rhinebeck01, but I made the jumper and was going to try it this weekend on our 2.0L, but it's been too frickin' cold to go out to the barn and try it out!
Whenever it thaws out there and you get it done can you update the results and what to do? The heat here kills a normal battery in less than 2 years so if I can bypass the aux one before the heat sets in it would help. Thx!

OP
OP

SeventyGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Well, since I am feeling much better, I went out and messed with the Jeep a bit. One member private messaged me telling me to try disconnecting the ESS negative cable and see if it starts. I did and it started! No fused jumper or anything else. Evidently my 2018 is early enough that that fix worked. So no more worrying about that small battery draining the main one. Boy am I relieved. Now I can concentrate on getting some LED's for the lights since mine didn't come with them.
Sponsored