Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
  • Banned
A thread for anyone ordering a JL/JLU in Australia... tell us what you have found out.

As of the 2nd week in January 2018, several Jeep dealerships I checked with didn't even know that the JL is physical (meanwhile US customers were already taking deliveries). They thought no one had seen one in the flesh (or metal) and it's yet to be officially revealed in the US.

Availability is rumoured to be late 2018 which is pathetic considering rest of the RHD markets getting theirs by around June, worst case scenario. But what else is new with the automotive business here!

Also read that only Selec-Trac is available in Australia even for Rubicons: http://www.loaded4x4.com.au/13018/2018-jeep-jl-wrangler-specifications/
Sponsored

Pete01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
Nothing yet but will be a JLUR, leather, auto, white. Haven’t decided if the fenders will be in white also...

Then a full transformation with AEV gear...

ausjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
No word from any of the dealerships regarding the availability of the JL. In fact, I faced the same issue with the dealership (or at least the salesmen I spoke to) having no idea that there is a new model out...typical.

Very curious about the final drive away price here in Aus given the price increase in the US.

OP
OP
Rockmaninoff

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
  • Banned
No word from any of the dealerships regarding the availability of the JL.
Spoke to a non-sales guy in the Jeep showroom in Melbourne Central and he said there's talk of end of this year but if that's going to happen that's probably when they will start taking the orders. Hopefully the wait won't be like the wait for the Mustang.

As for the price, I'd say it'll be decent. I'm more worried about the availability of the 3.6 here.

Scoobie

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux
Had a long talk to my local dealer today Nov 17th 2018, they are happy to take orders for the new JL, they don’t have prices yet, but indicated the JK is going to be discounted $5k + due to excessive stock worldwide
Said they will have a demo JL in show room mid December with prices, if ordered now, delivery late Feb to mid March 2019
Also told me JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Auto,would be mid to high $60k on road, only 3.6l petrol, but later next year the 2lt turbo Diesel only comes with 8 speed Auto

Sponsored

Beechwood911

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler FireCracker Red
Had a face to face talk at my dealer yesterday (22/01/2019). Now it is going to be the first full week in February before they will have a vehicle to test drive.

They are only getting one, as are most dealers unless they are a large dealer in which case they will get two.

The vehicle they get will not be for sale, or not until they get more stock that is due March/April. So the sampler is just to help get firm orders/deposits.

My dealer will be getting an Overlander, so at least its not the base model we get to look at, and test drive. From what I can gather they are going to try and keep the test drives nice and short, though he was talking about how they could take them off road and still be covered by insurance.

Hopefully only another few weeks to wait.

Beechwood911

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got an email from Jeep showing some features we are going to get here in OZ

The all-new Wrangler includes over 70 standard and available^ safety, security and technology features including:

• Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop
  • Autonomous Emergency Braking
  • Trailer Sway Control
  • Improved fuel efficiency>
  • Increased towing capacity>
  • Blind Spot Monitoring
  • Rear Cross Path Detection
  • 8.4” Touch Screen with Navigation
  • 9-Speaker Audio System including Subwoofer
  • Apple CarPlay®# & Android Auto®~
looking good people.

Beechwood911

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK I have ordered the sport s , in red and will have it by the end of this month. It was already marked for the north coast, lucky me.
Sponsored