Sponsored

2019 Orders

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
Also based on what they say about the 2019 Ram, bsg is not a power adding extra “motor” but rather an assist on takeoffs and shifts. Following that logic 2.0 will continue as more powerful and therefore “upgrade” option.

Just my guess...
Sponsored

Drew777x

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW 340i; JLUR Billet - Coming Soon!
Unless they retune the 3.6, it should remain the base engine. My hope is the 2019 price increase already happened on March 1st. Maybe wishful thinking.

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Very possible too, only time will show.

In rams my ecodiesel was a bit over $3k from standard hemi.
Going from pentastar to ED was $4k

Now with BSG on both should be $2k - $3k respectfully. So logically SHOULD be $3k upgrade.

But FCA is money hungry so logic does not apply.
The Wrangler is the cash cow and they treat it as such. I would not doubt that they ask a bigger premium for the diesel in the JL over the RAM.

Rambeaux

First Name
John J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Willys JKU
Occupation
Aircraft Doctor
Very possible too, only time will show.

In rams my ecodiesel was a bit over $3k from standard hemi.
Going from pentastar to ED was $4k

Now with BSG on both should be $2k - $3k respectfully. So logically SHOULD be $3k upgrade.

But FCA is money hungry so logic does not apply.
If that happens, I'm tapping out.

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If that happens, I'm tapping out.
You’re not just paying for the engine itself, diesels are required to have more emissions tech on them, that’s why prices sky rocket quick lol. DEF systems, DPFs...

Edit: rams also come with stronger German built ZF transmissions when going with diesel.

Aren’t they charging something around $10k for Cummins in the 2500 & 3500 rams?

Sponsored

Rambeaux

First Name
John J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Willys JKU
Occupation
Aircraft Doctor
You’re not just paying for the engine itself, diesels are required to have more emissions tech on them, that’s why prices sky rocket quick lol. DEF systems, DPFs...

Edit: rams also come with stronger German built ZF transmissions when going with diesel.

Yeah, I ain't into diesel. I was referring to the 3.6 BSG

There's no way in hell they'll stay in the same ballpark MSRP with the addition of a starter/generator, lith-ion batt, battery cooling, and all the other bits to make it all work. I might just JK it. Life is short.

MikeM1968

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yeah, I ain't into diesel. I was referring to the 3.6 BSG

There's no way in hell they'll stay in the same ballpark MSRP with the addition of a starter/generator, lith-ion batt, battery cooling, and all the other bits to make it all work. I might just JK it. Life is short.
Yep I might as well- I don’t see the 3.6 going up since it’s the standard model- the 2.0 turbo will be the new option- it’s deserving of a higher price tag since it’s specifically for those concerned about fuel economy- despite it being a smaller engine.

If this were 20 years ago, I’d say the opposite- but now people expect to pay more up front for more fuel efficient engines and especially electric cars.

The 2.0 turbo will be the niche market whereas the 6 cylinder will always be the base option.

If they all go up a lot again I might have to reconsider a JK - once it gets into the 37k range for a 2 door sport s ( basically what a Rubicon should cost) I could just get a more loaded 2 door or even 4 door JK for the same or less.

OP
OP

troybarwick

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota 4runner Limited, 2017 Nissan Maxima Platinum

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic

When you say "stronger German built ZF transmissions" are you suggesting that FCA is still sourcing their ZF 8's from Germany (they're not)? Are you suggesting that the American plants being used to build these units are exclusively using German workers (seems unlikely)? Or are you instead suggesting that these American plants are using exclusively German workers AND they are significantly stronger than other workers, German or otherwise? :)

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you say "stronger German built ZF transmissions" are you suggesting that FCA is still sourcing their ZF 8's from Germany (they're not)? Are you suggesting that the American plants being used to build these units are exclusively using German workers (seems unlikely)? Or are you instead suggesting that these American plants are using exclusively German workers AND they are significantly stronger than other workers, German or otherwise? :)
Lmao! No, no and no. ZF is a German transmission company that focuses on doing just that, building transmissions. Many car makes used them BMW since early 2000s I think...

FCA has a license to build ZF transmissions, they did not invent or engineered them.

ED uses a ZF8 that comes from ZF in Germany.

Sponsored

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
I don't expect it to jump any more then $250 and with recent $750 jump I'll take a gamble and say it wont increase at all.
Lmao, the JK went up $1000 a year for the past 5 years for the same build. With the people clamoring for the JL, and, a quick price increase before production gets actually moving, expect a increase. It’s the way car manufacturers do it across the board.

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lmao, the JK went up $1000 a year for the past 5 years for the same build. With the people clamoring for the JL, and, a quick price increase before production gets actually moving, expect a increase. It’s the way car manufacturers do it across the board.
You’re right. I had a 15MY freedom edition JKU with MSRP at $36k, an equivalent 18 JKU I build now is just over $40k. They did add some new bumpers tho.... lol

NOMAD-0311

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack Challenger
I’m waiting for the 2019 order banks to open, but it’s mostly due to being stationed in Puerto Rico and it being such a pain to ship a car out and bring another in and taxes and all that. So I plan on trying to have it come in right as we are getting back stateside next year

zb39

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 5500, 2018 Durango GT AWD, 2015 malibu, GMC 3500 Dump, 70 challenger convertible, 2019 2 door rubicon, manual tranny
Waiting to order..............
Sponsored