PatrickKiser

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Butt Scratcher
Only six months!
That will probably be when I see a change in my 2018 order status change. Would you believe my Rubicon 2 dr order went into the system on April 11th, two months ago, and it is still unchanged from a status of C.
Sponsored

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'm itching to place a 2019 order. I see all these new JL's on the road and am envious - knowing some day I'll join the pack - just not soon enough!

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I thought about waiting for the 2019 but it will be Jan before you actually have the keys in your hands to drive it. You can order it till 10/29 then about 5 weeks at least but guess it will be more around Dec. I don't want to wait 6 and a half months no thanks. And the Rubicon will go up at least 800 or more I bet

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I very much doubt the 2.0 will be the upgrade. The reason it is $1k more is that it has the extra battery, electronics etc. The 2.0 by itself would be cheaper than the 3.6 if it was apples to apples.
My guess the 2.0 will be the standard motor for $1k more as a base price and then another $1k for the BSG 3.6 and another $3k to $4k for the diesel. Just a guess.
I think you're forgetting one small detail called a turbo.

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
I think you're forgetting one small detail called a turbo.
You might be right- We will find out in about 3 months what the pricing is.

Sponsored

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
I thought about waiting for the 2019 but it will be Jan before you actually have the keys in your hands to drive it. You can order it till 10/29 then about 5 weeks at least but guess it will be more around Dec. I don't want to wait 6 and a half months no thanks. And the Rubicon will go up at least 800 or more I bet
Hold on here , 2018 orders cut off 7/25 , 2019 production starts in September.
2019 JLs will be hitting dealers end of October early November.

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hold on here , 2018 orders cut off 7/25 , 2019 production starts in September.
2019 JLs will be hitting dealers end of October early November.
That's the info I keep hearing and hoping is true. I thought orders would open in August for October deliveries of 2019. I've bet my wife and kids that I'd have a JLUR in our garage before the end of the year. They don't believe me. Not because I won't do it but because I constantly talk about buying this or that vehicle and rarely follow through - except once every 8-10 years when the dream does come true! My last vehicle purchase (excluding my wife's) was a little over 9 years ago. I'm due. Bring on the JLUR.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Subscribed, really want to know what they're going to do with the "2018" turbos. Production targeted to start sometime in July... my guess is production on turbos won't even START until after the 2018 order banks close.

At that point, is the darn thing a 2019? Or is it a limited edition 2018, and they print "Vehicle #__ of ____" somewhere on it to try to make it cool?

Or do they just call them 19s, give us the goodies of a 19 and the resale/residual values of being a 19, and "appease" those of us who have waited over 100 days for these orders, by letting us get the 2018 pricing on a 2019 vehicle?

I'm especially interested to see what the diesel price tag looks like - most turbo buyers understand that we will NOT save money on gas (the increase cost in premium fuel will offset any mileage gains we get, not to mention that $1k premium up front). We are performance/torque buyers. So if the price to jump to diesel is reasonable, I'd probably go that way.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Subscribed, really want to know what they're going to do with the "2018" turbos. Production targeted to start sometime in July... my guess is production on turbos won't even START until after the 2018 order banks close.

At that point, is the darn thing a 2019? Or is it a limited edition 2018, and they print "Vehicle #__ of ____" somewhere on it to try to make it cool?

Or do they just call them 19s, give us the goodies of a 19 and the resale/residual values of being a 19, and "appease" those of us who have waited over 100 days for these orders, by letting us get the 2018 pricing on a 2019 vehicle?

I'm especially interested to see what the diesel price tag looks like - most turbo buyers understand that we will NOT save money on gas (the increase cost in premium fuel will offset any mileage gains we get, not to mention that $1k premium up front). We are performance/torque buyers. So if the price to jump to diesel is reasonable, I'd probably go that way.
It won’t be a 2019 unless it’s built after 10/29. They’ll still continue to finish building 2018’s after Order banks close so you’ll likely still get an 18.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
That part I do understand, though they've said they're going to do "something" for us turbo orderers who have been waiting well over 100 days on our builds, saw them built at once point, then get completely scrapped and go back to the beginning with all new VINs.

Pure speculation on what they might do, but one thought is perhaps branding the turbos as 2019s, since not a single one will be delivered until likely August/September (would be a huge slap in the face to deliver a "2018" turbo to someone in September when they ordered in April.... then turn around and deliver a 2019 turbo in October, lol.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
That part I do understand, though they've said they're going to do "something" for us turbo orderers who have been waiting well over 100 days on our builds, saw them built at once point, then get completely scrapped and go back to the beginning with all new VINs.

Pure speculation on what they might do, but one thought is perhaps branding the turbos as 2019s, since not a single one will be delivered until likely August/September (would be a huge slap in the face to deliver a "2018" turbo to someone in September when they ordered in April.... then turn around and deliver a 2019 turbo in October, lol.
That’s true. We’ll see. That’s a hell of a wait.
Sponsored