Sponsored

Audio system issue - cutting in and out

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Thank you. Your team has been involved with getting me to this point...which I hope is the final resolution. Thank you.
Great to hear! Please let me know if we can do anything else to assist.

Alison
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

Billshoe

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler MOAB... 1985 Oldsmobile 442
Had this issue happen first time on my 2018 JL . It was fine going to shop where I had alarm sensitivity adjusted in garage it is 25 degrees here in NY today. When I left radio was cutting in and out. Stopped at deli had to bribe wife with breakfast for going with me to adjust alarm. Got back in Jeep and no more issue. Jeepcares Should I just make appointment to have camera replaced or wait to see if it happens again?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Had this issue happen first time on my 2018 JL . It was fine going to shop where I had alarm sensitivity adjusted in garage it is 25 degrees here in NY today. When I left radio was cutting in and out. Stopped at deli had to bribe wife with breakfast for going with me to adjust alarm. Got back in Jeep and no more issue. Jeepcares Should I just make appointment to have camera replaced or wait to see if it happens again?
We would recommend reaching out to your dealership to make an appointment. Please let me know if you do, I would be happy to get a case open for you.

Alison
Jeep Cares

Billshoe

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We would recommend reaching out to your dealership to make an appointment. Please let me know if you do, I would be happy to get a case open for you.

Alison
Jeep Cares
Will do thank you

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Sponsored

NewJeep4

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I am having the same problem. Radio cycles on/off every 5-10 sec. my back up camera loses its tracer/guide (the red/yellow/green( This is so frustrating. Iā€™ve had several appointments all in the winter. I have had software updates, 2 radios replaced, with no resolve. Currently on care ticket #2 with Jeep.

Bri01

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU MOAB, BMW X5 MSport
Vehicle Showcase
I am having the same problem. Radio cycles on/off every 5-10 sec. my back up camera loses its tracer/guide (the red/yellow/green( This is so frustrating. Iā€™ve had several appointments all in the winter. I have had software updates, 2 radios replaced, with no resolve. Currently on care ticket #2 with Jeep.
If you search earlier posts, you will see many of us have gone through this problem and went through all the same frustrating troubleshooting steps. The only solution is to replace the backup camera. I wish this was already in the system as the only solution to the problem. There are other Uconnect issues, but yours, with the pauses and backup camera lines disappearing, is definitely the backup camera. Get Jeep Cares to advise your dealership on what needs to be done.
Good luck.

NewJeep4

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
If you search earlier posts, you will see many of us have gone through this problem and went through all the same frustrating troubleshooting steps. The only solution is to replace the backup camera. I wish this was already in the system as the only solution to the problem. There are other Uconnect issues, but yours, with the pauses and backup camera lines disappearing, is definitely the backup camera. Get Jeep Cares to advise your dealership on what needs to be done.
Good luck.
Replace

NewJeep4

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Back up camera replaced today. Hoping the problem has been fixed. šŸ¤ž

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
Just started having this issue. Also for the last year sometimes the radio just gets a blue screen and resets itself. My front left speaker has had a terrible vibration sound like it's blown but only on vocals when it's cold.

I really use to think fca had the best tech but this jeep has been nothing but a pain in the ass for a 50k vehicle.

Sponsored

MojitoJynx

First Name
Zakk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojito JL Rubicon
Having the EXACT same issue. On phone with dealership and making a second appt. Had radio replaced once, let's try the camera. šŸ¤ž

DrBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Today the power to the radio in my '18 JL kept cutting out and coming back on, every ten seconds or less. Remembering several posts by Chocolate Thunder in other sections of the forum, I pushed all the fuses back in to make sure they were snug. The last time I saw this many loose fuses I was at Napa Auto Parts. So far, problem is resolved.

Billshoe

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Alison
Jeep Cares
Iā€™m at the dealer now also with paint bubble issue and service manager asked me to email this info on the recommended fix . Anyway to get bulletin emailed to me and I can forward to dealer?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Iā€™m at the dealer now also with paint bubble issue and service manager asked me to email this info on the recommended fix . Anyway to get bulletin emailed to me and I can forward to dealer?
Hi there,

Please follow up via private messages with your VIN so we can look into your concerns further. We'd like to keep your private information private!

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Billshoe

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi there,

Please follow up via private messages with your VIN so we can look into your concerns further. We'd like to keep your private information private!

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Message sent and vin added thank you
Sponsored