JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
@JLWF Dealer Guy

I have a question about failed inspection and making changes to order. I ordered 2/15 and Rubicon went into inspection March 1 where it still sits. I'm not sure if it will eventually pass or a new order issued. If I had to do this over I would make several changes, all added options. I am willing to accept the jeep as it is but if I'm starting from scratch shouldn't I be able to add some options?

If I cancel and reorder, the cost would be $500 which is my deposit? seems almost worth it to me to cancel if the only cost is 500.
Totally up to your dealer on the deposit.

MikeM1968

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
hello I am in a heartbroken position here. have wanted an orange jeep for 30 years. finally in the financial stability to get one. ordered a jlu with all the bells n whistles on 2/28.
today i saw pics posted here of the punk'n jeeps.Heartbroken is an understatement.Its mostly red and commenters claim "not metallic at all" i now want to cancel my order and reorder when mojito is available.how can they make the color not even close to the renderings and chip boards at the auto shows? do u think i would lose my deposit if i do this. wow what a shock for me.
Opinions vary with some colors, but I agree after seeing several actual images posted here on the forum. Punkā€™n appears more red than orange to me too. I was originally going to select Punkā€™n, but after seeing the photos posted- I donā€™t think itā€™s what I want.

To be clear , I think color can be a highly subjective thing though. I currently own an 07 Dodge Caliber in ā€œsunburst ā€œ which appears more of a true deep ā€œbloodā€ orange to me with the metallic flake. Looks pretty cool against the black trim and tires - Think Harley Davidson logo colors.

Alternately, images Iā€™ve seen posted of the ā€œnachoā€ Wrangler color actually seem closer to what Iā€™d call orange than yellow. Thatā€™s actually a color I could get behind and Iā€™d absolutely NEVER consider ā€œyellow ā€œ as an option. Itā€™s not a super annoying bright lemon yellow though, but more a bulldozer/ school bus yellow- which is borderline orange tbh.

Sadly, it doesnā€™t look like Nacho will be happening anytime soon.

Iā€™m not really a huge fan of these new ā€œsuper bright fluorescent ā€œ colors I see on cars and SUVā€™s recently.

Last edited:

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Opposed to others opinions- I agree after seeing several actual images posted here on the forum. Punkā€™n appears more red than orange to me too. I was originally going to select Punkā€™n, but after seeing the photos posted- I donā€™t think itā€™s what I want.

To be clear , I think color can be a highly subjective thing though. I currently own an 07 Dodge Caliber in ā€œsunburst ā€œ which appears more of a true deep ā€œbloodā€ orange to me with the metallic flake. Looks pretty cool against the black trim and tires - Think Harley Davidson logo colors.

Alternately, images Iā€™ve seen posted of the ā€œnachoā€ Wrangler color actually seem closer to what Iā€™d call orange than yellow.

Sadly, it doesnā€™t look like Nacho will be happening anytime soon.

Iā€™m not really a huge fan of these new ā€œsuper bright fluorescent ā€œ colors I see on cars and SUVā€™s recently.
As you pointed to color is highly subjective. We all do not see different shades of color the same. As you see red I see no red. I see a true bright orange. Not only do our eyes see colors differently we are also dealing with what what the camera being used captures, as well as how our video cards and displays on the computer show those colors.

MikeM1968

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
As you pointed to color is highly subjective. We all do not see different shades of color the same. As you see red I see no red. I see a true bright orange. Not only do our eyes see colors differently we are also dealing with what what the camera being used captures, as well as how our video cards and displays on the computer show those colors.
Agreed- the only way Iā€™d know for sure is to actually see it ā€œin person ā€œ ( so to speak)

Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Agreed- the only way Iā€™d know for sure is to actually see it ā€œin person ā€œ ( so to speak)
Somebody had mentioned that it would be nice if FCA could put the actual paint on a swatch for dealerships to show the color. I think that was a great idea.

When you paint your house interior or exterior you spend a lot less and get color swatches as you will have to live with it every day. In a vehicle you have to live with it every day as well and this would be nice for FCA to do in the future.

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Somebody had mentioned that it would be nice if FCA could put the actual paint on a swatch for dealerships to show the color. I think that was a great idea.

When you paint your house interior or exterior you spend a lot less and get color swatches as you will have to live with it every day. In a vehicle you have to live with it every day as well and this would be nice for FCA to do in the future.
I have seen that at some of the dealers on the Dodge vehicles, they have a display with actual colors. But unfortunately not on the Jeeps. It would certainly help with decision making, especially on the new. colors.

ccarrico29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Polar Edition
Agree, I see absolutely zero red in Punk'n.

drbsp

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler Unlimited 75th Anniversary Edition
Trying to decide between a black JL Sport (loaded to the extent that a Sport can be - cold weather, technology group, hard top, safety group) with a sticker of around 42500 and a Sahara that is nicely equipped (leather, infotainment, safety, winter etc). The dealership has come down on the JL Sahara to 44,900 (from original sticker of 47 and change). What should I expect from the S in terms of price? Price is important to me but if I buy the S, I will have dealership install tan leather and running boards (which the Sahara already). Need to see a 4 to 5k savings between the 2 to make worthwhile. Do you think I can get the S for 40k? Also, which choice would provide the greater value?

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Trying to decide between a black JL Sport (loaded to the extent that a Sport can be - cold weather, technology group, hard top, safety group) with a sticker of around 42500 and a Sahara that is nicely equipped (leather, infotainment, safety, winter etc). The dealership has come down on the JL Sahara to 44,900 (from original sticker of 47 and change). What should I expect from the S in terms of price? Price is important to me but if I buy the S, I will have dealership install tan leather and running boards (which the Sahara already). Need to see a 4 to 5k savings between the 2 to make worthwhile. Do you think I can get the S for 40k? Also, which choice would provide the greater value?
I think you are going to be at the same price if adding the leather

Sponsored

drbsp

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler Unlimited 75th Anniversary Edition
I think you are going to be at the same price if adding the leather
I won't be at the same price if I can get the 42k S down to 40K or better. Then there will be a 5k difference between the 2 vehicles and the running boards and leather total out at around $1,500. So, there is a net of $3,500 difference. That is, if I can get the S down to 40k which is what I am trying to get an opinion on. The second question is whether the Sahara is the better value even though it is $3500 more in price (i.e. is $3500 worth it for a SAHARA as opposed to the S).

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
I won't be at the same price if I can get the 42k S down to 40K or better. Then there will be a 5k difference between the 2 vehicles and the running boards and leather total out at around $1,500. So, there is a net of $3,500 difference. That is, if I can get the S down to 40k which is what I am trying to get an opinion on. The second question is whether the Sahara is the better value even though it is $3500 more in price (i.e. is $3500 worth it for a SAHARA as opposed to the S).
It really also depends on the features you absolutely want. That is going to play the biggest role.

rocklobster

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray,Rubicon,Manual,1974 Jensen Interceptor.previously 2007 Steel blue JKU,2010 Stone white JKU,2013 JKU Rock Lobster,Sahara,
Well you have to wonder what the thought process at Jeep was here,yet again!... for sure they might not have been amazing for off-road use but they sure had more visual impact than the flat half door and more practical than a tubular ,I just liked the look ,but looks like Jeep are trying to save me some money!..Jeep now say they were ā€œalways a prototype,ā€:crying: although I can see the aftermarket bringing this exact door design to market within 3 months!.. https://jalopnik.com/the-jeep-wrangler-jls-donut-half-doors-are-not-actually-1823860550
upload_2018-3-17_17-17-57.png

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Well you have to wonder what the thought process at Jeep was here,yet again!... for sure they might not have been amazing for off-road use but they sure had more visual impact than the flat half door and more practical than a tubular ,I just liked the look ,but looks like Jeep are trying to save me some money!..Jeep now say they were ā€œalways a prototype,ā€:crying: although I can see the aftermarket bringing this exact door design to market within 3 months!.. https://jalopnik.com/the-jeep-wrangler-jls-donut-half-doors-are-not-actually-1823860550
upload_2018-3-17_17-17-57.png
Looks like a wet ass to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.