Sponsored

Should I ask the dealer to delete MOPAR items on ‘22 JLURD?

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

After reading on here over and over about JB hell, I’m torn on what I should do. When I ordered my JLURD in April I had no idea about JB status and the headaches it could cause. As a result, I am regretting ordering every damn option I could.

Would it be worth it at this late in the game to try and convince my dealer to ask Jeep to remove all the JB items from my build?

I realize ‘22 production is probably going full steam. A lot of folks on here keep repeating the theory that Jeep must finish all ‘22 orders before beginning MY2. That being said, are we sure that is the case? It’s pretty much rumor/theory, so there could be a pretty good chance MY23 isn’t getting a mid-cycle refresh after all and some ‘22 orders will end up bumped to ‘23.

I just have this weird sinking feeling I’m going to end up like the Oct-Nov-Dec folks.

Or am I being ridiculous?
Sponsored

KAB96F

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon XR
Occupation
Structural Engineer
After reading on here over and over about JB hell, I’m torn on what I should do. When I ordered my JLURD in April I had no idea about JB status and the headaches it could cause. As a result, I am regretting ordering every damn option I could.

Would it be worth it at this late in the game to try and convince my dealer to ask Jeep to remove all the JB items from my build?

I realize ‘22 production is probably going full steam. A lot of folks on here keep repeating the theory that Jeep must finish all ‘22 orders before beginning MY2. That being said, are we sure that is the case? It’s pretty much rumor/theory, so there could be a pretty good chance MY23 isn’t getting a mid-cycle refresh after all and some ‘22 orders will end up bumped to ‘23.

I just have this weird sinking feeling I’m going to end up like the Oct-Nov-Dec folks.

Flip a coin.... Welcome to Stellantis hell. On a positive note, they apparently gathered all the f#cking parts on my 12/13/21 JLUR-XR order as I'm now in D1. 🙄

ALK

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler
In A month & half the 23 production will start, I'll be kinda bummed if the make mine before then.

Deleted member 59498

Have you talked to your dealer? Not always easy to change an order.

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
Just wait a bit more, they've even been catching up the RHD orders from last October so, yeah, they are finishing the '22's right now for sure 🥴

Sponsored

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
Probably next to no chance they can change your order. The parts for your order were already allocated back with you hit D-status.

Yes MY'22 will production will stop when they are ready to begin MY '23 production.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I'm not sure why you think that a dealer can just modify an order like that after it's been assigned a VIN. Significant screwups by the dealership? Maybe.

OP
OP
ChuckQue

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Have you talked to your dealer? Not always easy to change an order.
My understanding is if the dealer is helpful they can submit the changes to the Jeep regional rep. I’d imagine, because VIN’s contain vehicle build specific info dependent on the particular number/letters contained, items could be changed easier if they aren’t in the VIN. MOPAR accessories aren’t, whereas color, doors, engine, etc are.

I mean, I know for Jeep’s internal tracking and order sequencing the VIN is linked to the total build, so it may not matter and ANY change could be equally difficult, not factoring in parts availability.

OP
OP
ChuckQue

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

I'm not sure why you think that a dealer can just modify an order like that after it's been assigned a VIN. Significant screwups by the dealership? Maybe.
I’m not saying it’s easy, but it’s possible (it’s been done before, based on some other peoples’ experience).

OP
OP
ChuckQue

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Probably next to no chance they can change your order. The parts for your order were already allocated back with you hit D-status.

Yes MY'22 will production will stop when they are ready to begin MY '23 production.
Yeah. It’s likely a long shot especially since MY23 is right around the corner.

I’m probably overthinking it and worrying about shit out of my control.

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

My understanding is if the dealer is helpful they can submit the changes to the Jeep regional rep. I’d imagine, because VIN’s contain vehicle build specific info dependent on the particular number/letters contained, items could be changed easier if they aren’t in the VIN. MOPAR accessories aren’t, whereas color, doors, engine, etc are.

I mean, I know for Jeep’s internal tracking and order sequencing the VIN is linked to the total build, so it may not matter and ANY change could be equally difficult, not factoring in parts availability.
Right, it generally seems to depend on the relationship the dealer has and their experience with ordering. I have seen some report that they change color before D1 with no problems others report the dealer will not even try.

Some of the pieces seem to be more available now than they were over winter. Like floor mats and such. At least easier to order from vendors.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant

Yes and no! Stick to your guns and ride it out as there is no guarantee that fiddling with your order will ensure a good conclusion! I've had 3 different Jeeps (2 - Rubs, 1 - Gladiator) sit in JB for longer than it took to build. I had 1 Jeep Rubicon that sat there for 2 months!!!! My inside track told me that weird things happen when cars accumulate; they don't get rotated in first in, first out sequence. Some of them get pushed to the back of the pile and then you need an act of God to move it back in line.

However, JB is a ray of hope, "I" status is the real ass tightener! That means something isn't built right (if it sits there more than 48 hours). It could be scratches, headlight bulb, trans doesn't work....etc. My other Rubicon sat here for 3 weeks because a body bolt was stripped during assembly. It had to be replaced which doesn't appear to be a huge undertaking, but like the JB mess, it got into the lot with all of the other broken toys and had to wait for his number to come up! Unfortunatley after it was fixed it was soon wrecked on the car carrier!! Smashed the entire fiberglass top, windows broken.

Be patient and you will probably be ok!

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Right, it generally seems to depend on the relationship the dealer has and their experience with ordering. I have seen some report that they change color before D1 with no problems others report the dealer will not even try.

Some of the pieces seem to be more available now than they were over winter. Like floor mats and such. At least easier to order from vendors.
By the way, D1 brings excitement until they roll it back to D. There was a period of time not long ago where this was a growing forum thread.

OP
OP
ChuckQue

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Yes and no! Stick to your guns and ride it out as there is no guarantee that fiddling with your order will ensure a good conclusion! I've had 3 different Jeeps (2 - Rubs, 1 - Gladiator) sit in JB for longer than it took to build. I had 1 Jeep Rubicon that sat there for 2 months!!!! My inside track told me that weird things happen when cars accumulate; they don't get rotated in first in, first out sequence. Some of them get pushed to the back of the pile and then you need an act of God to move it back in line.

However, JB is a ray of hope, "I" status is the real ass tightener! That means something isn't built right (if it sits there more than 48 hours). It could be scratches, headlight bulb, trans doesn't work....etc. My other Rubicon sat here for 3 weeks because a body bolt was stripped during assembly. It had to be replaced which doesn't appear to be a huge undertaking, but like the JB mess, it got into the lot with all of the other broken toys and had to wait for his number to come up! Unfortunatley after it was fixed it was soon wrecked on the car carrier!! Smashed the entire fiberglass top, windows broken.

Be patient and you will probably be ok!
Good grief! All that only to have it wrecked on the carrier!? 😳

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
If I had a clean slate, I wouldn't add those kinds of things to my order.
Having done it, I'm not gonna try and change it.
1. Not at all sure it's even possible - probably not
2. Even if possible, probably a huge time-sucking hassle, and who needs that grief?
Sponsored