Sponsored

Artificial engine sound

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
my engine already sounds artificial. how can something that sounds like a slot car power a jeep. the four banger in my GTI sounds like a 67 corvette compared to this thing. I wish i could get some artificial engine noise. I love how it feels just not how it sounds.
mine sounds like a Kubota tractor, makes me laugh at how silly it sounds.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Its definitely complete BS about there being artificial sounds coming from the stereo system.

I must say though, it's the fight in the dog that matters most, not the bark.

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
The 2.0L with Alpine has ANC (active noise control). Check your window sticker and you should see it.

Here's a technical overview of how it operates in the Jeep Grand Cherokee:

The Active Noise Control (ANC) module performs the creation of signals appropriate to cancel engine order related vehicle noises from the engine. It creates these signals in proportion to the Engine RPM plus any other needed input.
  • The ANC module obtains the engine RPM from the vehicle Powertrain Control Module (PCM).
  • The signals that the ANC module creates includes at least four simultaneous signals equivalent to sine wave frequencies in designated ratios tracking the engine RPM, to cancel engine order related noises, plus other optional signals that can enhance the cancellation effect.
  • To maintain the effectiveness of the noise cancellation over the full range of vehicle operating conditions and seating locations, the ANC module has four outputs and process signals from four microphone assemblies located in the headliner.
  • The ANC module supports mixing the four ANC signals into any output channel at a point after all of the signal processing required
  • The ANC module operates on vehicle battery power and has its state of operation controlled by CAN-B bus messages.
  • In addition to performing active noise cancellation, the ANC module supplies power to the loudspeakers.

Finally, besides a quieter cabin, two extra benefits of the noise cancelling feature is that it allows engineers to achieve more fuel-efficient engine calibrations due to the reduced need for NVH related tradeoffs, as well as reducing the need for heavy acoustic-damping material that add unwanted weight.

89TransAmWS6

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS 2.0T, 2020 GC 3.6, 1993 Pontiac Trans Am
Occupation
Fleet Manager
Have not heard anything like that on my 2.0 turbo. I have a 2020 and I must say it is a kind of funky sound. I assumed it was the GDI being loud. Its not "bad" just sounds nothing like my wife's 3.6 grand cherokee or even my old f150. Its not so much the exhaust note, its more like a loud engine lol
Sponsored