SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
Hi everyone,

I am from Armorlite. I am here to share what we have been working on, help answer any questions, and most of all get your feedback on the floor system.

We are getting ready to ship our presale JL floors out, I thought I would give this forum a little sneak peak.

This floor pictured is one we were using to test, so the die is not dialed in, so since this photo we have been making tweaks to get it just right.

sidebyside-sm.JPG

Here you have a side by side of an Armorlite prototype floor next to a stock floor from a 2021 Diesel Wrangler Unlimited. The Diesel floor has the thickest system because it is combating the extra noise from the engine.

The stock floor comes in at around 3/16" thick. Our system combined is about 1", in some areas that receive more compression that area gets compacted to about 3/4"

The Insulation you see is a special woven polyester, it is designed to not hold water or mildew. The top layer is a semi rigid proprietary composite. It is grippy and has the right amount of grit for traction and will never wear a hole from your heal.

It drastically cuts down on heat coming from the floorboard, and also helps keep the heat in during the winter.

Cuts down on road noise and makes the overall cabin feel much quieter. Even with noisy tires you can hold a conversation with ease.

jlfloor-sm.JPG

Here it is installed, the Orange drain plug continues down past the sheet metal, this allows you to rinse out your floors easy without removing them allowing the water to run out of the vehicle.
It fits tight to the floor, it isn't floppy, does not need heat to shrink it to fit better.
Built in water channels keep mud snow and water from seeping underneath, and again the drain plug gives it a way out.

JL rear side-sm.JPG

jlrear-sm.JPG

Here are the rears. Same drain plugs as the front. Resistant to Mud, Snow, Salt, Dog Poop, Dog Hair, Milkshakes, Baby Fluids, Margarita Mix, Grease and Hunting trophy's
Durable enough to resist damage from heavy parts for your old Jeep, your drunk buddies pocket knife, football cleats, Ammo cans, Bear Traps, Raccoons and even Badgers. ( Some of these are not lab tested, but safe to assume)

JL_FrontsRears_B_Black_a6ea4568-0f68-43e4-a721-fb1f29c71336_1800x1800.jpg

This is what we have so far. The Cargo Mat is coming soon, and the JT Gladiator is also coming in the near future.
Head over to GoArmorlite.com

Again, questions comments etc, ask away, or DM me.

You can also email me direct at [email protected]
These are pretty amazing!! Full vehicle kit for 2 door? It'd be nice to have that bed lined fell without it being permanent.
Sponsored

3Pedalsand4Wheeldrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 door 6sp
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone,

I am from Armorlite. I am here to share what we have been working on, help answer any questions, and most of all get your feedback on the floor system.

We are getting ready to ship our presale JL floors out, I thought I would give this forum a little sneak peak.

This floor pictured is one we were using to test, so the die is not dialed in, so since this photo we have been making tweaks to get it just right.

sidebyside-sm.JPG

Here you have a side by side of an Armorlite prototype floor next to a stock floor from a 2021 Diesel Wrangler Unlimited. The Diesel floor has the thickest system because it is combating the extra noise from the engine.

The stock floor comes in at around 3/16" thick. Our system combined is about 1", in some areas that receive more compression that area gets compacted to about 3/4"

The Insulation you see is a special woven polyester, it is designed to not hold water or mildew. The top layer is a semi rigid proprietary composite. It is grippy and has the right amount of grit for traction and will never wear a hole from your heal.

It drastically cuts down on heat coming from the floorboard, and also helps keep the heat in during the winter.

Cuts down on road noise and makes the overall cabin feel much quieter. Even with noisy tires you can hold a conversation with ease.

jlfloor-sm.JPG

Here it is installed, the Orange drain plug continues down past the sheet metal, this allows you to rinse out your floors easy without removing them allowing the water to run out of the vehicle.
It fits tight to the floor, it isn't floppy, does not need heat to shrink it to fit better.
Built in water channels keep mud snow and water from seeping underneath, and again the drain plug gives it a way out.

JL rear side-sm.JPG

jlrear-sm.JPG

Here are the rears. Same drain plugs as the front. Resistant to Mud, Snow, Salt, Dog Poop, Dog Hair, Milkshakes, Baby Fluids, Margarita Mix, Grease and Hunting trophy's
Durable enough to resist damage from heavy parts for your old Jeep, your drunk buddies pocket knife, football cleats, Ammo cans, Bear Traps, Raccoons and even Badgers. ( Some of these are not lab tested, but safe to assume)

JL_FrontsRears_B_Black_a6ea4568-0f68-43e4-a721-fb1f29c71336_1800x1800.jpg

This is what we have so far. The Cargo Mat is coming soon, and the JT Gladiator is also coming in the near future.
Head over to GoArmorlite.com

Again, questions comments etc, ask away, or DM me.

You can also email me direct at [email protected]
I could definitely use these. Any release date info or price estimate? (2 Door fronts only) Thanks

longlivethemanual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 3.6L 6MT
1. Yes you can order the fronts only, which fit 2 door and 4 door models.
2. For the JL you need to unbolt the front seat to get it in, but you do not have to unplug the seat or remove from vehicle, just rock it back. The bolts are the same Torx bit that comes in your stock tool kit.
3. Yes see link below
4. The Cargo mat like we sell for the JK is still getting close to production. You can order it separate once it comes out.

This link is for fronts only which fit 2dr and 4dr
https://goarmorlite.com/products/jeep-wrangler-front-flooring?variant=37466411532452
Front only isn't exactly solving the need for a 2 door. I'd be all in or nothing. Can we expect something in the future specific to the 2 door? This is fabulous and FCA should already be doing this stock. Carpet in a Wrangler doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Great work!

Chrisdupe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Any plans for a full carpet replacement for the cargo area? Or is it just going to be the mat that goes over the carpet?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JKU Rubicon, 64 C10, 61 Panhead
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
Front only isn't exactly solving the need for a 2 door. I'd be all in or nothing. Can we expect something in the future specific to the 2 door? This is fabulous and FCA should already be doing this stock. Carpet in a Wrangler doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Great work!
Any plans for a full carpet replacement for the cargo area? Or is it just going to be the mat that goes over the carpet?
I covered this on the bottom of page one. We realize the demand and are working to make sure we cover everyone. Just takes time.

I copied my other response to 2dr request:
No, not yet sorry. We have to hit the biggest targets first because the cost of tooling and available manpower.
The front floor goes all the way under the seat past the under seat vent. But does not cover all the way to the rear seat.
Next we are producing the large Cargo tray. Then once we have popped those out we will be focusing on 2 dr rear floors, as well as a system that covers the rear wheel wells. All of this you will be able to purchase separately.
Trust me I am pushing to expand the line as fast as I can. I will post updates in this forum as they come.
We are working real hard on this stuff, and I hope to win all of you over, I really believe we are making a great product. I have been putting in aftermarket carpet and rubber floors for decades and it's a market I always felt disappointed with.

OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
Looks very nice. Too rich for my blood though. I guess I'd just have it professionally rhino lined for less.
I get that. We had the option to produce the floor for less money but man, we were really trying to make something better.
Most good shops charge about 400-500 to do spray in liner which offers some traction and can absorb some vibration, but you lose any of the sound and heat control from the stock carpet.

Riding in vehicles with spray lined floors was a big reason we made this product. Even in boots my feet would get scorched on the trail or even on a road trip. Add a hemi swap and you can melt the soles of your shoes.

I will definitely make a point to share with you guys any promotions and giveaways when they happen. I want everyone to benefit from this product.

Chrisdupe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I covered this on the bottom of page one. We realize the demand and are working to make sure we cover everyone. Just takes time.

I copied my other response to 2dr request:

We are working real hard on this stuff, and I hope to win all of you over, I really believe we are making a great product. I have been putting in aftermarket carpet and rubber floors for decades and it's a market I always felt disappointed with.
I saw the mention of the cargo mat. Looking at your website I see the JK version and it is just a mat that sits on top of the carpet. Will the JL version be the same? Hoping that the full kit would replace all carpeting in the JLU.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Have you measured the sound reduction resulting from these mats?

The 4xe has a little different rear floor & cargo area. Have you been able to access a 4xe to make measurements?

OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
Have you measured the sound reduction resulting from these mats?

The 4xe has a little different rear floor & cargo area. Have you been able to access a 4xe to make measurements?
Mats are a bad word at the plant haha. Its a floor replacement. And yes, we have a in house dyno that uses a cobble stone road simulated drum, we ran our JK jeep with 37's on it.
Here is a video we put up on Instagram.

dyno.jpg

Sponsored

Big Daddy

First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2017 Ram 1500, 2017 GLC300 Coupe
Mats are a bad word at the plant haha. Its a floor replacement. And yes, we have a in house dyno that uses a cobble stone road simulated drum, we ran our JK jeep with 37's on it.
Here is a video we put up on Instagram.

dyno.jpg
I’ve been stalking this product for a while waiting for the JL version to be made available. I appreciate the pre-order discount and apologies for the Facebook jibes on not making available sooner...

Better than weathertech. How about a set for the MB 300 GLC Coupe? The demand will be there...

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Mats are a bad word at the plant haha. Its a floor replacement. And yes, we have a in house dyno that uses a cobble stone road simulated drum, we ran our JK jeep with 37's on it...
Ok, for the floor replacement, how many dB noise reduction did you measure?

OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
Ok, for the floor replacement, how many dB noise reduction did you measure?
I don't have reliable DB data. What we do know is our customers are noting an improvement. We do notice a reduction in the lower range frequencies that resonate through the floor. Improvements in road noise, especially large all terrain tires.
Unfortunately, the wrangler is a brick flying down the highway and up top you get a fair amount of wind noise, which we can't do much about.

Last edited:

joegrasse

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Red JLUR
These look really cool. Three question though.
  1. Do you have ones for the JLUR that don’t have cup holders on the floor?
  2. On the homepage I see preorder for JL/JT and I click view product and then it says “Sorry, there are no products in this collection.” Can you post the direct link?
  3. Do you have to take the carpet out to install?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
These look really cool. Three question though.
  1. Do you have ones for the JLUR that don’t have cup holders on the floor?
  2. On the homepage I see preorder for JL/JT and I click view product and then it says “Sorry, there are no products in this collection.” Can you post the direct link?
  3. Do you have to take the carpet out to install?
1. I am pretty sure it is is covered with the JL 4dr kit. But if you want to email me a picture of the back of your console I will make sure [email protected]
2. Try starting with http://www.goarmorlite.com then click products and go from there.
3. Yes it replaces the carpet completely, and since it fits tighter to the sheet metal in some areas you will need the old carpet out to get it to lay right.
Sponsored