Sponsored

Argh... Venting... Order status going backwards.

Yngwie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sarge Green JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
From what I can tell, I was the first member of the forum to place an order for a 2020 Sarge Green JL. This was on January 24, 2020 for a Rubicon, 3.6L, auto trans, soft top, with both safety groups, cold weather group, premium audio, black leather seats, and the trailer tow group.

Other members are indicating their Sarge Green JL's are built and there are Sarge Green JL's showing up at the dealers. However, my order is still only in D1 status.

What is more frustrating is that it entered D status on 1/29, then D1 status on 2/3 with an estimated ship date of 2/12, then BACK TO D STATUS on 2/11 still with an estimated ship date of 2/12, then back to D1 status on 2/17, but now with an estimated ship date of 3/4.

Maybe I missed something, but I have not heard of anyone going from D to D1 and then back to D status.

Originally, the dealer recommended I wait to join Tread Lightly until ordering. Tread Lightly requires a 30 day wait period to get the 1% discount and the original ship date would have been too early. I mentioned that to the dealer and then the status and ship date changed. Probably coincidence, but still frustrating to keep having everything pushed back while other members indicate their Sarge Green JL's are already built.

Also, that's the challenge of giving customers information, such as estimated ship dates, that can change. It creates frustration when a client is given an estimate that is later changed to the detriment of the client, especially with the knowledge of other clients leapfrogging the estimate.

Meh... First world problems. Thanks for reading.
Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
You should read the older threads from 2018 on shipping delays/build status changes.

Honestly, yes it sucks, but it happens. When I ordered I didn't check the status much because there was nothing I could do about it. I would check online for the window sticker about once a week after about 6 weeks, but that was about it. I ordered in October 2018, got mine about 8 weeks later. Someone else I work with waited about 2 weeks for his order. You waited for a certain color, you ordered it, you probably don't "need" it right away.

JFLO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Rubicon (Totaled)
Kind of in the same boat to only I went into D status a week ago and I just checked and it's still in D status hasn't even moved to D1. *cries in Jeep tears*

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
That sucks. I ordered my Sarge JLR on 1/27, it's built; all indications are that it should arrive at the dealership next weekend. I'm pumped.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
My order is from 11/9/19. Most recent status is JB for the last 13 days. Let me get my tiny violin and play you a sad song. Others are waiting for October orders.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Yngwie

Yngwie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sarge Green JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the support guys. Just needed to vent because the status went backwards, which I had never seen before.

Of course, I can always call a Waahmbulance. ;)

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
Yeah man, as soon as I went to D1 status I got the same estimated ship date of 3/4. Maybe it's a logistical thing and they're waiting until they have a certain number saved up in order to fill up the train? When I went into the dealership last week the salesman said off the cuff that "we're still a couple of weeks out", so it looks like he thinks the ship date of 3/4 will actually stick.

Last edited:

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
I got my window sticker for the Sarge Green JLR this morning, I hope to take delivery next Tuesday or Wednesday...

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
I'm in KZ R status.

Sponsored

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
Yep, the same happened to me. I bounced back and forth between D and D1 status for weeks.

I chalked it up to their vague and imprecise tracking system not having any real idea where my Jeep was in the process. It felt like rough estimates from the Jeep Chat people.

You know...like weathermen spinning a wheel behind he curtain to guess if it’s going to rain today or not, so you know if you should take the top off. :sun: :headbang:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
If you have followed the forum the last few years you would see prior to build the estimated ship date means when they think it will enter the plant and if everything goes perfect it will go out the door. But depending on your options, supply disruptions, lunch breaks and other people cutting in line the status can go back and forth or it gets sidetracked for add-ons or repairs (I was one of those cut ins a year ago - being famous has its perks). Then shipping is a whole other issue for delays. Take a look at Google Earth and see how many large parking lots are near the plant full of Wranglers waiting to ship. Plus FCA doesn't have any control once out the door. And now nothing is going out the door. Hopefully all orders that started into the plant when they shut down were run all the way through and out the door.

OP
OP
Yngwie

Yngwie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sarge Green JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
No worries. Got it two weeks ago. So happy.

Thank you everyone for your helpful comments.
Sponsored