Sponsored

order status info status

• Thread starter Deleted member 77660
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Deleted member 77660

I've been checking on the order status for my new Sahara, order dated 1/21/22...and have not been getting any info except that it is in scheduling phase, no one can tell me anything of any real significance like what's being ordered..what the schedule is for it, when can I expect any real info? Is this normal to get NOTHING after two months? I called dealer two or three times, but to no avail...
Sponsored

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
They're not going to break down the specific parts being ordered, etc. When all the parts are received, they'll change what they tell you from ordering to all parts arrived, etc, but you're not going to get the granularity you're looking for.

A late January order still being in D is no surprise.

SQTowelie

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting on Jeep Rubicon 4xe by 6/10
Yeah, unless you're one of the lucky few, you'll get that same "scheduling phase" for as many times as you ask jeep chat.

dahacker

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TSX, RDX, 97 Miata, 22 JLUS
I've been checking on the order status for my new Sahara, order dated 1/21/22...and have not been getting any info except that it is in scheduling phase, no one can tell me anything of any real significance like what's being ordered..what the schedule is for it, when can I expect any real info? Is this normal to get NOTHING after two months? I called dealer two or three times, but to no avail...
LOL, only two months? There are many October orders still in D status.

The dealer should be giving you that information, and well responding to your calls/emails. So I'd solve that communication problem first. If they won't talk to you ever, then march down and demand your deposit back (if any) immediately and order somewhere else. My salesman was dealing with more than a hundred order status emails PER DAY and had to hand that off to someone else.

I email my dealer once a month on my order mensiversary. Also, make sure you have received the Priced Order Confirmation (POC) from your dealer.

jeninchicago

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited
I ordered my Sport on 1/29 and I'm at the same phase as you. It's all a waiting game. I'm hoping for a May delivery at this point! I've stopped contacting Jeep Chat. My dealer told me he'd text me with updates, so I'll just wait. I can't let this frustration get to me. I'm so over it. I just keep banking my expected car payment each month and know that it will make my down payment just that much more the longer it takes to arrive!

Sponsored

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
Keep in mind that the assembly plant doesn't have Jeep parts laying around waiting for orders. When you place an order, Jeep reaches out to the vendors they procure parts from to order what's needed for your build. That is what is happening now. Then the vendors have to produce the parts and ship them to Toledo. Your build won't start until all the parts are received.

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
I ordered 11/11 and got the same message from JC every week "still scheduling parts". Yesterday I finally got the "All parts gathered". Patience is a key virtue

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4xe Sahara, Ordered '24 Rubicon 392
I had ordered the Rubi in November of last year, and it was placed into D1 like last week. You could have a ways to go yet.

OP
OP

Deleted member 77660

Thanks for sharing your experiences ... so I'm in the same boat everyone else is, apparently. I don't see how Jeep can stay in business and competitive much longer with this business model, which is obviously failing. This may be my last Jeep if it becomes the new normal..

jc1003

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara, 2019 Pacifica, 2016 CX-9, 2023 Hornet
Occupation
IT
I ordered on 12/14/21. Still gathering parts as of this morning.

Sponsored

gburchett

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 JLR, Sting-Gray, ‘15 Ford Fusion, ‘16 F450
Thanks for sharing your experiences ... so I'm in the same boat everyone else is, apparently. I don't see how Jeep can stay in business and competitive much longer with this business model, which is obviously failing. This may be my last Jeep if it becomes the new normal..
They won’t have a problem. Look at how many people are ordering Wranglers.

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
If you think ordering a jeep is bad for in-process communication, you should see other brands.

OP
OP

Deleted member 77660

BMW, for one, is much better. They won't take an order unless they already have all the parts. A friend ordering around the same time as I ordered will have his car this week..
Maybe BMW is an outlier/exception in this respect, but I wish Jeep had its act together as well as they do.

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
BMW, for one, is much better. They won't take an order unless they already have all the parts. A friend ordering around the same time as I ordered will have his car this week..
Maybe BMW is an outlier/exception in this respect, but I wish Jeep had its act together as well as they do.
BMW definitely has their act together more than others when it comes to custom orders. They're more the gold standard than a good representation of the industry though.

OP
OP

Deleted member 77660

If they can do it, we can too.
Sponsored