Sponsored

Arb single compressor mounting options..

Chrisdoza

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jku rubicon
Has anyone been able to or found a mount to install a single arb compressor???

I have one that I pulled from my jkur but cant find a way to mount. Any help is appreciated...
Sponsored

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
Want to find a place for mine as well. Don’t feel like paying a big premium to replace my high output single for a double when mine is only a year old. Gonna have my local fab shop figure a mount out if someone doesn’t come out with one soon.

mortimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've been looking at the cavity behind the driver's rear tail light wondering if I can get a compressor in there. Have you removed the light and seen if it'll fit?

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I've been looking at the cavity behind the driver's rear tail light wondering if I can get a compressor in there. Have you removed the light and seen if it'll fit?
Yes. My buddy did it and laid it flat by cutting a small piece of sheet metal. Works great.

LanceMagnum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I checked behind the tail light and it looks like a no-go. Here's a picture of a JK with the ARB single mounted behind the tail light:

Jeep Wrangler JL Arb single compressor mounting options.. DSC00605

But on my JL I see this:

Jeep Wrangler JL Arb single compressor mounting options.. JK1

There's some sheet metal that makes the usable space much less

Sponsored

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
You can mount it behind the driver fender. Unfortunately, I can't post the website here because it's "banned" for whatever reason. Just look on youtube for ARB single compressor JL. You'll find it. There's a writeup and parts list.

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
You can mount it behind the driver fender. Unfortunately, I can't post the website here because it's "banned" for whatever reason. Just look on youtube for ARB single compressor JL. You'll find it. There's a writeup and parts list.
Yeah I have pony tales mount. Works well as my back up.

Sponsored

LanceMagnum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
It *can* work in the JL tail light but you have to do it on the drivers side:

Jeep Wrangler JL Arb single compressor mounting options.. JLARBSingleDriversTailLight1

Jeep Wrangler JL Arb single compressor mounting options.. JLARBSingleDriversTailLight2

I'm using the CKMP12 (portable) version, it has the smallest reservoir, not sure that matters but every fewer cubic inch helps. I trimmed the mounting plate it comes with, and created a metal plate to act as a clamp between the mounting plate and the space on the other side of the cutout where the tailgate striker hardware lives.

I have the kit to remote mount the intake filter and I plan on mounting right above the compressor location in the the interior somewhere in the vicinity of the power adapter, and I will probably also add an IP67 computer fan for some active cooling.

Removing the gas cap trim makes it possible to get to all the hardware needed to adjust the orientation.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
It *can* work in the JL tail light but you have to do it on the drivers side:

Jeep Wrangler JL Arb single compressor mounting options.. JLARBSingleDriversTailLight2

I'm using the CKMP12 (portable) version, it has the smallest reservoir, not sure that matters but every fewer cubic inch helps. I trimmed the mounting plate it comes with, and created a metal plate to act as a clamp between the mounting plate and the space on the other side of the cutout where the tailgate striker hardware lives.

I have the kit to remote mount the intake filter and I plan on mounting right above the compressor location in the the interior somewhere in the vicinity of the power adapter, and I will probably also add an IP67 computer fan for some active cooling.

Removing the gas cap trim makes it possible to get to all the hardware needed to adjust the orientation.
Great location to pair with the gas cap plate from next ventures!

Dfideth

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6 Sarge
Occupation
Crane Tech
Lance, that's nucking futs!
Great job using up zero space in your Wrangler!

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Attached screenshot shows where I mounted it so far. Screenshot took from YouTuber TewlTalk.
Jeep Wrangler JL Arb single compressor mounting options.. B982DB10-4C3E-4BF2-91FE-6FE1C6C29749
Sponsored