First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I’m installing the ARB twin compressor under the front passenger seat of my JLUR. I’m curious as to how everyone mounting in that location ran the power and switch wires. Photos would help greatly. Thanks.
Sponsored

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
I’m installing the ARB twin compressor under the front passenger seat of my JLUR. I’m curious as to how everyone mounting in that location ran the power and switch wires. Photos would help greatly. Thanks.
I popped off the plastic panels along the bottom and did my best to run the wires through there. There is a part of the wire harness that is just free under the seat/ partly under the carpet.

I wired the power switch to one of my aux buttons and ran the actual hard wire power to the battery via a small gap in the windshield. Hard to push through but if you take off the passenger side engine cowl, you can see a small gap where you can push wires through from either direction. You also have to take off the side panel plastic inside the jeep. I'll have to look around to see if I have any pictures.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I popped off the plastic panels along the bottom and did my best to run the wires through there. There is a part of the wire harness that is just free under the seat/ partly under the carpet.

I wired the power switch to one of my aux buttons and ran the actual hard wire power to the battery via a small gap in the windshield. Hard to push through but if you take off the passenger side engine cowl, you can see a small gap where you can push wires through from either direction. You also have to take off the side panel plastic inside the jeep. I'll have to look around to see if I have any pictures.
Thanks! I’m a visual learner, pics would help tremendously if you have any.

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
I made a new harness and ran it under the carpet, across the hump under the dash and out the firewall plug on the drivers side. Ran that across to reach the OEM switch pig tail. Aux 4 switch. Done.

Running the ARB harness through the floor plug is a bad idea IMO. Better to extend the wires and do it right.

MUD-H2O

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR 3.6L 6-Speed
Occupation
Web Developer
I ran mine through the grommet on the passenger side. It comes in the firewall, goes behind the glove box, then under the carpet along the center console and then over to the compressor. It's wired to Aux 4.

I won't lie... This was a more complicated job than I'm used to and after failing at my first attempt, I paid 4 Wheel Parts to complete it. They bunged up the ends that plug into the compressor and I had to spend and hour or so bending them back into shape. But other than that it works great.
Sponsored