Anyone Install DD Flush Mount Reverse Lights

bluevegas

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4XE Hydro Blue
Hey folks, new to Jeep ownership and looking for some advice. Like everyone else I am very disappointed in the factory reverse lighting, pretty much useless. I did add the hitch mount light by Diode Dynamics, but find it still a bit dim and I will use my receiver pretty frequently for a bike rack, so kind of inconvenient.
I've seen the posts for the Oracle Lighting lights that replace the reflectors and have also been looking at the FORM Lighting tail light replacements (but some of the reviews I have seen on these do not leave me confident). The other option I am looking at is having Diode Dynamics Flush Mount reverse lights installed. Has anyone done this? What did you like or not like with that setup? Also I have the plastic not steel bumper if that makes a difference. Thanks for any advice/suggestions...

https://www.diodedynamics.com/stage-series-flush-mount-reverse-light-kit.html

my new to me jeep:
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone Install DD Flush Mount Reverse Lights 1675118409785
Sponsored

OP
OP

bluevegas

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4XE Hydro Blue
I put two SSC1 sports in my rear bumper.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/backup-lights.10763/page-45#post-2003016

I wish that I could aim the lights a bit more outboard, but otherwise I like them.
Thanks for the reply. That is a great thread, just can't decide which way I want to go. I really like the ease of the FORM Lighting tail light install, but not sure they add enough light, and a few of the reviews for them on AMZ have me a little worried.

manapiko

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I have the oracle lights that replace the reflector and its a super slick setup. And is actually flush mount. No knock on Diode though, I'm still buying their fogs for the front. they make a solid product.