Sponsored

Anyone install a plug and play remote start kit?

OP
OP
Packnbeer

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
once I got it programmed it was a piece of cake. When I installed the client onto my computer, it wasnt setting up the drivers for the remote start module. Once I got the correct drivers installed it was a piece of cake. I use the remote start all the time. Works flawlessly every time and zero regrets. I highly recommend this. Very easy install
Sponsored

JTN

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
once I got it programmed it was a piece of cake. When I installed the client onto my computer, it wasnt setting up the drivers for the remote start module. Once I got the correct drivers installed it was a piece of cake. I use the remote start all the time. Works flawlessly every time and zero regrets. I highly recommend this. Very easy install
Thanks a ton! Purchase made!

VikingJL

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Thanks for posting this. I was wondering about this product myself. I will be purchasing as well!

One question. Does it come with the tool used for removing the dash?

JLdream

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know of a plug and play remote start kit for the JL Sport (No power locks/buttons on key fob)? Really want to get one installed for heating/cooling cab in winter/summer months. TIA

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂

Sponsored

deserthi

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Wrangler Rubicon Manual Trans
Just got the Fortin Evo-one for mine, I have about $150 invested with that, the programmer and the added relay, resistors and diode for the manual transmission install. The install would have been super easy on an automatic, but the manual tranny required splicing into 3 different wires associated with the clutch and lots of soldering.
Any chance you could give model of the Fortin Evo-one you used. I have not been able to find anything allowing me to remote start the JLU with a manual trans using the stock key fob. Thanks

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
For those of you who installed an aftermarket remote start system, did you hook up the optional wiring for the stock horn? I’m unable to find the wiring harness for the steering column so I can tap the horn ground wire so my horn will work with the aftermarket system.

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport Altitude
Any chance you could give model of the Fortin Evo-one you used. I have not been able to find anything allowing me to remote start the JLU with a manual trans using the stock key fob. Thanks
Ever come up with anything that’d allow a remote start on a manual JLU?

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
Quick revive of this thread - anyone else add a remote start? My daughter bought a two door '22 Willys 2.0L that did not come with remote start, so I'd like to add one to the JL that is a true plug-and-play. I'm a bit hesitant to buy a super cheap unit though as I want zero issues during and after install. Any new feedback would be welcome.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone install a plug and play remote start kit? IMG_1532

--EDIT--

I see that the Start-X is plug-and-play, with no wire cutting necessary. Is this the best option at the moment for a remote start system?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Packnbeer

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick revive of this thread - anyone else add a remote start? My daughter bought a two door '22 Willys 2.0L that did not come with remote start, so I'd like to add one to the JL that is a true plug-and-play. I'm a bit hesitant to buy a super cheap unit though as I want zero issues during and after install. Any new feedback would be welcome.

--EDIT--

I see that the Start-X is plug-and-play, with no wire cutting necessary. Is this the best option at the moment for a remote start system?
You have the correct one as long as her new JL is an automatic. No wires to splice or cut. True plug and play and it works perfectly

Sponsored

OP
OP
Packnbeer

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

--EDIT--

Also, tell her congrats! Love the color

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah me too! My wife's is Mojito!, my daughter's is Snazzberry, and I'm looking at a HellaYella JLU!

pepeborja

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep TJ, 2012 Acura MDX, 2017 BMW i3
Too late for the OP but MYCAR (mycarcontrols) is where its at... I have it in the Acura MDX ... It even shows you where your car is parked and if you have multiple cars you can manage them all with the app's garage feature.

We use the app strictly since you can remote start from anywhere in the world as long as you have cell service. Before covid it was nice to start the car during the train commute and get to the parking lot to find the car warm and defrosted. The FOBS are of no real value so you can skip them.

The site that sells them is called mypuschcart... Amazon also has them but they come from mypushcart.... here is what I found for a JL

2021 Wrangler JL

Last edited:
OP
OP
Packnbeer

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah me too! My wife's is Mojito!, my daughter's is Snazzberry, and I'm looking at a HellaYella JLU!
I have a Hella yella JL. Color is awesome!!! That remote start is very easy to put in. Hit lock 3 times and it starts

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
anyone else add a remote start? My daughter bought a two door '22 Willys 2.0L that did not come with remote start, so I'd like to add one to the JL that is a true plug-and-play.

Any new feedback would be welcome.

Does the Willys have power door locks, with corresponding buttons on the remote fob?

Per the ad copy for the Start-X:
"POWER LOCKS REQUIRED - This system uses your factory remotes to trigger the remote start by locking 3X. If you dont have power lock with a remote you won’t be able to use this system without adding an RF kit."
Sponsored