Sponsored

Cost to install OEM remote start

BeerMeBruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Before I go further, I already have the OEM/Mopar remote start kit for my 2020 JLUR. It was the only option I wanted that was missing from my JLUR so I figured I'd add it in after purchase. I'm at the point of tracking down a dealership to do the install but I was hoping there may be some people on here who could help me figure out what is a reasonable price to pay for the install.

The part # is 82216342AA (on the 2020 these are coming with only the remote start FOBIKs, the module is already installed from factory, it could be all JL idk, just going off what I was told when I bought the kit). So essentially it sounds like the remotes just need to be programmed.

I received 3 different quotes from my closest dealerships.
One is quoting me $120/hr in labor, the second quoted me $140/hr in labor, and the third option told me $400 (this one blows my mind, $400 just to program the remotes??? Wth?). I can't imagine programming the FOBIK's is going to take more than 1-2 hours so I have no idea how the third dealership came up with the $400 quote.

Has anyone else bought the OEM remote start kit for their 2020 and what did you pay in labor?
Sponsored

catang5oh

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Cherokee
Cost me around a $100, I had all the interior pulled and old module already unbolted and ready to swap. 30 minutes in the shop. This was a 2018 J L

OP
OP
BeerMeBruh

BeerMeBruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Cost me around a $100, I had all the interior pulled and old module already unbolted and ready to swap. 30 minutes in the shop. This was a 2018 J L
That's about what I'm expecting since the module is already installed. And sounds reasonable. How the other dealership came up with $400 is beyond me.

Jelllo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
That's about what I'm expecting since the module is already installed. And sounds reasonable. How the other dealership came up with $400 is beyond me.
My guess is they are supplying 2 remotes. That is probably the biggest cost. And 1 hour charge for programming.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I had remote start added to my 2014 JKU. The dealer charged me $500 for parts and labor, which was the same cost as getting it from the factory. So I went with it.

I imagine it’s gotta cost a lot more on JL because...well...prices have gone up considerably.
Sponsored