Sponsored

Anyone Else Having This Issue (Driving It Too Much)

Poromenos

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
09/30/2019 will be 1 year. I have 23,000+ miles on it today.
Sponsored

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
Not even 1.5 months and I have 4500 on the odometer. I drive it to the store, to Starbucks, to get my daughter from school, or just a head clearing ride after work (I work from home and just have to get out of the house after work). Pretty much any excuse to drive it. I have taken weekend trips to everywhere within a 5hr radius, pretty much every weekend. I bought it in August, so my strategy has been to make the most of the remaining warm/sunny days here in NY, since I missed having a jeep through June and July. This wouldn't be to bad but, it's a lease (don't do a lease you will regret the sh&% out of that). I figure during the cold days the mileage spike will even out since I don't see myself having a legitimate excuse/reason to drive it. However, for now if the sun is out and its not cold or raining, the top comes down and I'm headed someplace. BTW supposed to be 85 degrees today here in NY... Guess whose knocking off work early..!
LOL, I thought I was bad with 10,000 miles in 10 months with my 4 mile round trip daily commute (to a train), but 4500 in a month and a half working from home is wow!

Clenz

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting-Gray
I too find myself coming up with reasons to leave work early just I can go explore with the Jeep!

Baddog2020

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Not even 1.5 months and I have 4500 on the odometer. I drive it to the store, to Starbucks, to get my daughter from school, or just a head clearing ride after work (I work from home and just have to get out of the house after work). Pretty much any excuse to drive it. I have taken weekend trips to everywhere within a 5hr radius, pretty much every weekend. I bought it in August, so my strategy has been to make the most of the remaining warm/sunny days here in NY, since I missed having a jeep through June and July. This wouldn't be to bad but, it's a lease (don't do a lease you will regret the sh&% out of that). I figure during the cold days the mileage spike will even out since I don't see myself having a legitimate excuse/reason to drive it. However, for now if the sun is out and its not cold or raining, the top comes down and I'm headed someplace. BTW supposed to be 85 degrees today here in NY... Guess whose knocking off work early..!

DevilDog305

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Picked her up at the beginning of May and I already have 7k on her, I just love driving my Jeep, I normally take the bus to work but I find myself making excuses to drive my Jeep instead.

Sponsored

Baddog2020

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon

2 months, 9 days and Iā€™m at 4300 miles. Itā€™s my daily driver and my commute is 50 miles round trip. I also look for excuses to drive it. Local errands, 1 hr trips to dog trainer once a week, and only 1 round trip to see in-laws about 4.5 hours away. My primary alternative is my BMW bike, but dodging commuters has lost itā€™s appeal to me. I was spoiled driving a GOV for 26 years back and forth to work. Bottom line - driving it puts a smile on my face. Thatā€™s why I bought it. I hope to do some joyriding this weekend in W. Virginia and take a ride the length of the Blue Ridge Parkway next month. Iā€™ll take care of it and hope it will last 10 years. I could check out tomorrow, so I try to enjoy myself today.

āœŒ

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I purchased my 2018 JLUR in March of 2018 and I am currently a few miles short of 32,000. I take this thing everywhere. I have two daughters that play for travel soccer teams so there are many out of town weekend trips and we tend to drive to our vacation destinations. We have been as far north as upstate, NY and as far south as Charleston, SC from our home just outside of Annapolis, MD. I love every mile, especially the ones with the top and doors off.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
2 months, 9 days and Iā€™m at 4300 miles. Itā€™s my daily driver and my commute is 50 miles round trip. I also look for excuses to drive it. Local errands, 1 hr trips to dog trainer once a week, and only 1 round trip to see in-laws about 4.5 hours away. My primary alternative is my BMW bike, but dodging commuters has lost itā€™s appeal to me. I was spoiled driving a GOV for 26 years back and forth to work. Bottom line - driving it puts a smile on my face. Thatā€™s why I bought it. I hope to do some joyriding this weekend in W. Virginia and take a ride the length of the Blue Ridge Parkway next month. Iā€™ll take care of it and hope it will last 10 years. I could check out tomorrow, so I try to enjoy myself today.

āœŒ
My motto also.. Have fun...!

WillDo559

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon unlimited
I also work from home so my commute is from the bed room to the living room (my office). A year and a month now - 28k miles. Weekends are in the mountains or coast with my Jeep. I don't buy new things to save it, I use the hell out of it! :rock:

Sponsored

Ksvette

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport s
Bought mine on June 28th with 43 miles. Now, it has 8400 miles. So yeah......

But two trips to Branson no, one trip to Florida, and daily driver. So it puts in work.

Storminā€™ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
7 months, 21,000 miles. I've been from Georgia to Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi. I've been to Alabama more times than i care to admit and Florida many times. I travel to South Carolina frequently and Virginia three times already. Oh, and i left out Tennessee. I average 30-40,000 miles per year. I really wish the seats were more comfortable.

I've literally been on top of a mountain in Oklahoma on Monday, and in a Florida swamp by Friday. I've been ghetto overlanding for 20 years. I didn't even know it was a thing until a few years ago. Haha, life's funny like that.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah... 1yr and 7mon with 37k on the clock, I'd say we drive it a lot. It's the Mrs. Jeep and we both find peace and solitude when we drive our respective Wranglers. I'm doorless and topless and I will drive around my elbow to find my you know what when I need to go somewhere. We will drive 45 mins to get a milkshake when there is one 10 mins away :)
I work at home and will tell the Mrs. "I need to go for a ride" and she gets it.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
7 months, 21,000 miles. I've been from Georgia to Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi. I've been to Alabama more times than i care to admit and Florida many times. I travel to South Carolina frequently and Virginia three times already. Oh, and i left out Tennessee. I average 30-40,000 miles per year. I really wish the seats were more comfortable.

I've literally been on top of a mountain in Oklahoma on Monday, and in a Florida swamp by Friday. I've been ghetto overlanding for 20 years. I didn't even know it was a thing until a few years ago. Haha, life's funny like that.

3kiddos

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray '22 JLUR
Wife "remind me next time to grab scotch tape when I go to the store". Me: "Nonsense, I'll run out and grab it now". I just seem to find reasons to drive!
Sponsored