First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon Sting Gray
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
Based on that plug, it should be somewhere between the obd port and the security gateway module. Somewhere up under the steering wheel.
Exactly where I found it. It connects inline with the OBDII port. The only reason I noticed it was because the tech who installed it did a terrible job and the OBD port was not completely installed.
Sponsored

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
Found this under the dash today. Only had the Jeep about 2 weeks. It connects inline with the OBDII port.
Anyone else found one? Should I put it back? Put it in the neighbors car?...
ThingRS.jpg
Thing2RS.jpg
i'll take the harness if u dont want it

SurfJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Willys
I had what appears to be the exact same thing. There was a service that the dealer attempted to sell me (For $5000) called ELO. They use the tracking and vehicle monitoring service while vehicles are on the lot and then they turn it around and sell it to customers for profit.

As you may guess, I didn’t pay the $5000 but they still left it in. The amount of data it collected was concerning. Real time GPS data including speed, any lights or stop signs you stopped at, etc... It didn’t last 24 hours in my Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else have this under their dash? 50167021-1F66-40D3-8C08-B5E6B7219315

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else have this under their dash? E6D7D443-27CE-4D8E-BF64-8664254303C7

Sponsored

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
I'd say . . . find out which of the wires is 12v and ground. Make small battery pack with 8 AA batteries and wire it to the device.

Attach device to nearest Canadian goose.

Have fun when they ask why you drive your Jeep from the northern Yukon Territory to Cancun and back every year.
Folks that do not get a good chuckle out of your post need to go immediately to the nearest ER and have their pulse checked!!!!!

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I had what appears to be the exact same thing. There was a service that the dealer attempted to sell me (For $5000) called ELO. They use the tracking and vehicle monitoring service while vehicles are on the lot and then they turn it around and sell it to customers for profit.

As you may guess, I didn’t pay the $5000 but they still left it in. The amount of data it collected was concerning. Real time GPS data including speed, any lights or stop signs you stopped at, etc... It didn’t last 24 hours in my Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else have this under their dash? E6D7D443-27CE-4D8E-BF64-8664254303C7

How did you download that data?

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L

SurfJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Willys
How did you download that data?
1 year of ELO service was included with my purchase even though I had them reduce the price to 0. So I downloaded the app and used the service to see what it was all about. I took that screen shot before I pulled the unit out of the Jeep.

Sponsored

TIPOVR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel
Which is very likely why it’s absolutely disclosed in the lease or financing documents that are Signed by the vehicle owner.
I'm sure it's in the fine print somewhere. The very fine print.

Mess262

First Name
Otto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I was curious so I just ran out to check my 2 day old JL. Thankfully no sky net under there. Geez that’s scary.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
It is illegal for them to put such a device in your vehicle without your knowledge and signing off on it.

If you did lease/finance read the contract fine print to see if it's mentioned. If yes then it is what it is.

If not then go in and raise hell as what they did was illegal and quite a serious offense. It is a $250,000 fine per occurrence under federal law. Some states might have additional laws related to violation of privacy.
Sponsored