Sponsored

Any engine with ESS

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
Once again, as soon as you stop at a light here and yes it’s gotten to the appropriate temperature it shuts down. I’ve lived with this in 3 cars now. It blows less than cold air and completely changes your comfort level. IT BLOWS, pun intended
There's always that little button that's right next to the gear selector handle when you first reach for it to take it out of Park.

I live in the St. Louis area, where summertime temps are usually in the mid 90s (sometimes triple digits) and the humidity level is not much less than that. Neither I or my wife mind having ESS on our vehicles. I've never noticed a hot cabin on a warm summer day because the ESS shut the engine off.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Anybody else have this problem.... my ESS works sporadically. Not that I mind when it doesn't work but does it do damage to engine or transmission?

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody else have this problem.... my ESS works sporadically. Not that I mind when it doesn't work but does it do damage to engine or transmission?
Do you mean damage because it's not working or damage in the long run?
No damage if not working. Long term? Jury's out if you ask me.

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Do you mean damage because it's not working or damage in the long run?
No damage if not working. Long term? Jury's out if you ask me.
Thanks. The dealer first didn’t believe me because the computer didn’t pick up anything. I was on the boards and gave it to the dealer. Still nothing. Called Jeep wave. They first replaced the sensor on the hood. That didn’t stop it. They ended up replacing the wiring. Frustrating to go through all the BS to get it done. And doesn’t work now.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
You can page through the screens on your EVIC display until you get to the Start/Stop page and it should tell you if the system is ready and why it is not ready if it isn't.

WVB

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Unlimited 3.0L Diesel HellaYella
New stupidity from the ESS. Forgot to turn it off. Pulled into the garage and it shut the engine off almost instantly when I stopped. Put it in park and it restarts just so I can shut the engine down.
Lots of attention paid to the programming!
Sponsored