Another dead pedal thread?!?!

manapiko

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Hey all! I have done a ton of searching on dead pedals and see that most choose the more or spartan pedal. I really like the looks of a longer pedal and this one matches the shifters I changed out to:

Maiker Dead Pedal

I definitely think it's expensive and likely some random chinese product made for multiple companies. Maiker is just this companys name on it. However, it seems to have decent reviews and looks pretty sturdy. Again, I'm looking at this one because of how well it matches my AJT Design shifters, in addition to being functional.

Has anybody installed one of these or a similar version?
Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
There isn't much to a dead pedal. Really, what can go wrong?
There is a benefit to the shorter pedals. They give you a choice of stretching your foot out under the pedal or putting the ball of your foot on the pedal. You never use the lower part of the longer ones anyway.
And shorter dead pedals makes it much more likely it never interferes with removing/installing floor liners.

Reactions: AFD

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I'm using the quadratec pedal https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/driver-side-dead-pedal-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt

It took a very long time for me to get it. I forget the count now but it was something like 6+ months, but it eventually did arrive. Seems like a solid product, easy install, and it has some adjustment in it. A feature on it that I like more than I would have thought is I can lift the pedal up and out of the way. Makes for easy floor mat removal/cleaning, but what I mainly like it for is sometimes I'll just flip it up when I don't want a dead pedal and it stays out of my way. I can flip it up and down with my foot without a fuss.

What really sold me on the QT pedal over other options was the ease of installation, the one OP is considering appears to use the same single bolt. But the difference I think I'm seeing is that the QT pedal has some bracing around, it, so when you're putting your weight on the pedal that weight is supported by the firewall/floor. OPs looks like the weight may be supported mostly by the bolt. As a fat man, I appreciate spreading my weight out as much as possible.

Sponsored

OP
OP
manapiko

manapiko

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I definitely dig the quadratec pedal, but dont want silver. The mats dont go in and out, so not too concerned with that. The idea that you can stretch under the pedal on the shorter ones is a thought too. I'll drive around a bit today and figure out if I want that.

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR

Sponsored

OP
OP
manapiko

manapiko

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I do see the pad. Hmm. Im sure I could paint/powdercoat the frame black.

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
MORE is what I have also. Its a real P.I.T.A. To install also.

Noaharkmd

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne S, Lincoln Navigator
Any effect of these pedals on safety in crash? Looks like ankle/lower leg injury in crash test is more likely before this is added in.

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
MORE is what I have also. Its a real P.I.T.A. To install also.
Hate to say I have installed 3 or 4 of these over the last few years. I saw a post a long time ago that made it a little easier... tie a string around the mounting plate with the bolts and wrap the other end around the break pedal. Makes it a lot easier to get the the nuts started. Still have to contort to get a ratchet in there. Took me 15 minutes on my new 2023.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs