Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ-7, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
I currently have a Uniden CB and 4’ Firestik mounted to a bracket on the spare tire carrier. It has a grounding strap and I get great reception as far as CB is concerned.

I have a handheld GMRS but I’m looking to get another unit installed to be able to communicate with other groups that are using GMRS on trails.

Does anyone know if I can use the same antenna cable that I am using for my Firestik for a GMRS antenna?

I’m looking to get a low profile antenna like the Laird Phantom Series models.
Sponsored

jeepdriver99

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR 2 Door, 21 JLU TD, 06 GC, 54 Willys SW
Occupation
Retired, W8BWD
I currently have a Uniden CB and 4’ Firestik mounted to a bracket on the spare tire carrier. It has a grounding strap and I get great reception as far as CB is concerned.

I have a handheld GMRS but I’m looking to get another unit installed to be able to communicate with other groups that are using GMRS on trails.

Does anyone know if I can use the same antenna cable that I am using for my Firestik for a GMRS antenna?

I’m looking to get a low profile antenna like the Laird Phantom Series models.
You should be able to use the same cable but not the same antenna. That is as long as you have the same connectors on each radio and antenna.

OP
OP
Taxman

Taxman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ-7, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
You should be able to use the same cable but not the same antenna. That is as long as you have the same connectors on each radio and antenna.
Yes, I know I need a different antenna, but wanted to know about cable. I can always get adapters for both ends, I was just trying to avoid having to run another cable. I may end up running both the CB and GMRS in which case I'll need both anyways...

Thanks.
Sponsored