Android auto full screen mode

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Since I cannot figure out how to turn off the motorway side panel (right hand side) on the uconnect navigation, I have taken to just using Android auto for navigation.
I have noticed though that the Jeep top and bottom menu bars remain, thus taking away a lot of screen real estate from AA. Anyone know if there is a way to go "full screen"?
Additionally, I have noticed that the colors are really washed out when using AA compared to other systems. Anyone else notice that?
Sponsored

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
That's one fault of AA that I dealt with on my previous vehicle. Too much screen real-estate is taken up by the buttons on the bottom. I have no idea if there's a way to fix that.
I also REALLY wish that the directions (at least miles until the next turn) showed up on the center console behind the steering wheel. That's a perfect spot for navigation info. That would be a huge improvement in safety and convenience. I don't like looking over at the screen to see how far until the next turn.

OP
OP

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
I also REALLY wish that the directions (at least miles until the next turn) showed up on the center console behind the steering wheel.
That is actually a pretty annoying thing. So far as I know, no car can do that until now.

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.2 MultiJet Diesel
I think it must be a Jeep thing, because in my previous car (Skoda Superb estate with Columbus entertainment system) I'm sure the AA went full screen. If I pressed the Columbus menu button, then AA was minimised and the other functions were accessible on the touch screen.

But the Waze directions weren't displayed on the Skoda centre console behind the steering wheel either.

OP
OP

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
I think it must be a Jeep thing, because in my previous car (Skoda Superb estate with Columbus entertainment system) I'm sure the AA went full screen. If I pressed the Columbus menu button, then AA was minimised and the other functions were accessible on the touch screen.

But the Waze directions weren't displayed on the Skoda centre console behind the steering wheel either.
In my Superb it was the same. Same for my wife's Audi and her current V90.

Sponsored

KCC_703

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray MOAB
Would be nice for the VR button to activate Google Assistant when in Android Auto mode.

Doubt there's any solution to getting the AA directions to appear on the EVIC. Since its an app, doubtful Uconnect can interact. Well now that I've typed that, I think the the "hangup" button works in AA mode.

cargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLU Sahara
Would be nice for the VR button to activate Google Assistant when in Android Auto mode.

Doubt there's any solution to getting the AA directions to appear on the EVIC. Since its an app, doubtful Uconnect can interact. Well now that I've typed that, I think the the "hangup" button works in AA mode.
Press and hold the voice button on the steerring wheel it will trigger google assistant

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Resurrecting this old thread but these are the things I'm missing from Ford Sync now. Full screen Android Auto and navigation to the dashboard screen.

This Uconnect implementation of AA sucks! I like you can move around still but it feels so hacky.

I'm thinking of getting a mount and just using the phone for AA.

BChism

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sport
Hey all, I just purchased a 2022 Wrangler with the smaller 5” screen, and I actually have the opposite problem where AA takes up the whole screen (which is nice most of the time) but I can’t figure out if there’s a way to go down to the smaller size in order to access the other buttons like settings and such, then go back to full screen. Has anyone found a way to go back and forth from full screen to not full screen?
Sponsored