First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
If you want to drive a fast Jeep, get into a Trackhawk. It is an amazing machine...I've had one for a year. No time to track it properly and driving on Long Island is like sitting in a parking lot all day. With that being said, my JL Rubicon should be delivered next week to take its place and be a vehicle that provides a different kind of fun factor with less of a price tag. The Trackhawk is just a beast...fastest vehicle I have ever driven...fun, but with two kids now, there just isn't enough time for me to track it. I am running consistent 3.3 0-60 with no modifications. With a few mods, you can be down to 2.6 real quick. Maybe down the road, I'll throw a SC or turbo on it just for fun.
Sponsored

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
A lot of people underestimate the 3.6 I feel. I ran a Sprintex (dyno tuned to 305whp from 210stock) on that engine with 35s (ran a 14.8 1/4) and then 40's and *shocker* Dana 44's and street raced literally every single person that would give me the time of day. I also drove it far harder than I do even my motorcycles. I wheeled the shit out of it, ran a rally course sliding it and banging it off redline every opportunity. I say this because my intention was to use that $3000 used SC to blow up my 3.6 so I could swap in an LS3 I have sitting around... It never blew up and I promise you I tried. Snapped 3 belts but that is it. I wasn't rock bouncing but my friend Rick can attest to it's punishment because we wheeled ours a ton. Was it perfect? Not really. Gas mileage? LOL, non-existent under light throttle so I just drove it hard everywhere. Power down low-mid was fun but the whole time, I would sit thinking I wish I had the turbo kit. Looking forward to meeting yal down at JeepBeach and checking it out! Dream goal on the JLU is couple snails on my LS poking out the hood. One can dream... until then, the numbers Kevin is putting out with the turbo is mighty appealing.

The 3.6 in the JK is a different beast. The compression is higher in the JL 3.6, thus the problems with boost...

AlrightAlready

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. Couple Ducs
The 3.6 in the JK is a different beast. The compression is higher in the JL 3.6, thus the problems with boost...
Yeah, I did some research into this after a few discussions including this thread when I learned the compression ratio was so high on the JL. I'll just await my time to acquire a hemi or just deal with the 3.6 for a while.

artimana

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Wrangler YJ 2017 Toyota 4Runner
Don't get salty because you made a statement that you have absolutely zero real world proof that it is true. PD superchargers aren't even out on market yet for the JL. I think it's comical.
seems like he thought it was great until it wasn't. He claimed to know a lot about turbos but yet he didn't know his compression ratio was too high and he used stock internals. I don't put much stock in "sponsored" products.

Sponsored

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Whats funny is Kevin didn't say shit about it being total junk until he blew it up. Then we find out that it wasn't just bad tunes but total shit all along.

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Whats funny is Kevin didn't say shit about it being total junk until he blew it up. Then we find out that it wasn't just bad tunes but total shit all along.
Careful bro you might get banned for wrong think about one of the golden boys...

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Kevin was pretty honest over the tuning challenges on here, but wanted to give Prodigy a chance to sort it out.

I can see how some may take this as hiding the facts but I get it - we all want to give manufactures a chance to sort their issues out before we declare it crap. So he gave them a lot of rope, which they used to hang themselves.

And end of the day it was Prodigy not standing behind the product that caused them to go another direction.

He's posted on here about it and has been pretty open, as well as a video on it. They seem happy now and certainly have made the Hemi jump and enjoying it.

So stop with the hate, jealously, and resentment bullshit. If you don't like them simply ignore them.

Sponsored

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Kevin was pretty honest over the tuning challenges on here, but wanted to give Prodigy a chance to sort it out.

I can see how some may take this as hiding the facts but I get it - we all want to give manufactures a chance to sort their issues out before we declare it crap. So he gave them a lot of rope, which they used to hang themselves.

And end of the day it was Prodigy not standing behind the product that caused them to go another direction.

He's posted on here about it and has been pretty open, as well as a video on it. They seem happy now and certainly have made the Hemi jump and enjoying it.

So stop with the hate, jealously, and resentment bullshit. If you don't like them simply ignore them.
Sorry duckweed I stated one simple fact. He never said it was shit from the get go until he blew up his motor. Only then did he say it was shit from the jump. He probably should have been a little more transparent about it so their followers didn't buy it. I'm surprised you have enough time to post with your mouth firmly on his nutsack.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Sorry duckweed I stated one simple fact. He never said it was shit from the get go until he blew up his motor. Only then did he say it was shit from the jump. He probably should have been a little more transparent about it so their followers didn't buy it. I'm surprised you have enough time to post with your mouth firmly on his nutsack.
Your jealousy is showing :giggle:

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your jealousy is showing :giggle:
I actually agree with Rusty. Them and many other YTrs get this stuff for free and only tell you the good stuff, never tell you the truth. They did the same. It was all roses until the actual motor blew and even then they kind of didn’t address it until they got bombarded with questions and really were forced to talk about it. They should have said from the beginning it was a work in progress and they had plenty to still work out.

I have learned a long time ago ANYTHING a YouTube says you have to take with a grain of salt as usually they are getting the stuff for free and their review is going to be very positive or at least lean that way.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I actually agree with Rusty. Them and many other YTrs get this stuff for free and only tell you the good stuff, never tell you the truth. They did the same. It was all roses until the actual motor blew and even then they kind of didn’t address it until they got bombarded with questions and really were forced to talk about it. They should have said from the beginning it was a work in progress and they had plenty to still work out.

I have learned a long time ago ANYTHING a YouTube says you have to take with a grain of salt as usually they are getting the stuff for free and their review is going to be very positive or at least lean that way.
Yeah I have no idea why the guy calls me jealous because I point out that he was not honest about a mod. I started following them when the bought the JL and it was bone stock except for 35" tires. Next video was them installing the RC spacer lift. So I followed them for a long time. I remember people finally had to start asking them if they paid for certain parts or not because we didn't really know what kind of review we were getting and finally they just became commercials. That's great God bless them, I'm a huge capitalist and support that. To jump on me because I point out they weren't honest about a mod that now was clearly given to them but not so much at the time. I just feel sorry for some fool follower who might have gone out and bought it because of them. I guess he calls that jealousy.
Sponsored