OP

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
Your tire pressures should be around 31 PSI (below 30 you will get a warning, unless you use a programmer like a Tazer). Try that and you will see a world of difference in steering and ride comfort at the penalty of ~1MPG.
I dropped the PSI to about 34psi and things are much better but feel like things can still be improved. Maybe I'll try dropping it down to 31psi and see what happens. I'm just not sure how low you can go before anything bad happens more than a decrease in MPG's.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I dropped the PSI to about 34psi and things are much better but feel like things can still be improved. Maybe I'll try dropping it down to 31psi and see what happens. I'm just not sure how low you can go before anything bad happens more than a decrease in MPG's.
Get the Mopar lift lcas and try that first, even before going to the dealership, it will fix your problem and save you some grief from the dealer telling you everything checks out it’s just a Jeep thing….:facepalm:.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Understood. Part of me thinks it's OK because my YJ does the same thing. My car story is I had a WJ and didn't have a single issue. Then I got rid of it and drove Subaru Impreza sports for 15 years. I bought a rusted YJ to fix for fun, then got rid of my Subaru and bought the JLU. I'm wondering if I'm just used to driving low to the ground sports tuned small cars and I'm not used to how the Wranglers drive.

Talking to other Jeepers it sounds like some have issues with this and others say that it drives fine. Being that my Jeep has that steel steering box instead of the aluminum one makes me think everything is fine and it's just me. But now since I'm seeing uneven tread wear makes me wonder if there is something weird going on with it. Don't know what it could be, if anything, that's why I'm asking.
lol, check the torque on your ball joints, check your toe, and get some longer front LCAs to increase your caster.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Tire wear probably due to all the wandering…….…..:LOL: ……… I’ll see myself out, I’ll be signing off this thread now…….OP, if there’s anything I can help you out with, feel free to reach out.✌

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Your TPMS will alert at 29-30 PSI. I run 28-30 on 37s. Some owners here run 25. At 31 you are totally safe.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
If you are the kind of person to stick a micrometer in your tire tread, you will never be happy.
Sponsored