Alignment Really Needed?

Foster_WV

First Name
Foster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ & JLU
Was just thinking..... I installed a Mopar lift and was scheduling an alignment but do I really need to? Lower Arms are fixed, can’t adjust caster. Solid axle can’t adjust camber. It has less than 500 miles so toe is good. I adjusted the drag link to center the steering wheel.

What am I missing? Thanks
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Was just thinking..... I installed a Mopar lift and was scheduling an alignment but do I really need to? Lower Arms are fixed, can’t adjust caster. Solid axle can’t adjust camber. It has less than 500 miles so toe is good. I adjusted the drag link to center the steering wheel.

Not missing anything, that’s it. The only thing you should check is your axles to see if they’re centered. If you got 3” or more of lift, you might want to get adjustable front track bar and rear track bar relocation bracket. Also you might want to check your caster, you may need more than the fixed arms are giving you, they drive the best with it around 6 degrees.

OP
OP
Foster_WV

Foster_WV

First Name
Foster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ & JLU
Thanks guys, forgot yes I installed a adj front trackbar. It was off .75” It drives great no issues. Getting it checked equals $99 alignment, steelerships wont let it be right LoL. But it is nice to have a piece of mind.... tires are not cheap.

Thanks

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys, forgot yes I installed a adj front trackbar. It was off .75” It drives great no issues. Getting it checked equals $99 alignment, steelerships wont let it be right LoL. But it is nice to have a piece of mind.... tires are not cheap.

Thanks
Are the springs still bowing with the newer version, if that’s what you got? I’ve installed several, but I won’t use the Mopar perches, I tell everyone that wants me to install one they have to buy the rk perches and bring the with...lol.

OP
OP
Foster_WV

Foster_WV

First Name
Foster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ & JLU
Are the springs still bowing with the newer version, if that’s what you got? I’ve installed several, but I won’t use the Mopar perches, I tell everyone that wants me to install one they have to buy the rk perches and bring the with...lol.
I was going that route but decided to throw the Mopar ones in it. Had about 500 miles at this point but still look good.
EE09F221-D209-4DD1-BBB2-34E9756A85B4.jpeg

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I was going that route but decided to throw the Mopar ones in it. Had about 500 miles at this point but still look good.
EE09F221-D209-4DD1-BBB2-34E9756A85B4.jpeg

I'd check toe using a tape measure first and if it looks ok I would skip the alignment.

As others have pointed out you might want more caster over what the fixed arms give you, but that's also easy to measure from the axle marks.

Basically all an alignment can fix for you is the toe; which is easy to do at home.
Sponsored