Sponsored

Alien Sunshade Review

STLYoungblood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I took my windshield down instead of using the tool included, and so far, things have been fine. I don't know if the clips don't get as torqued when doing it this way, but if they fail, I'll move to the windshield bolts. I'm also using the long bungie for the front and back shared, and whoever asked, the instructions do say for a cleaner look to use the same one. I do love my sunshades though, best purchase to date. Drastically reduces wind noise, which is the big seller for me.
Sponsored

STLYoungblood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if they help keep some of rain out if I should get caught out on the trail.
Hardly stops it at all. I backed out of garage to just turn it around to put the hardtop back on while raining. It felt like the water came through the mesh with no struggle. Maybe in motion with wind helping to blow it back, but at slow speeds, you're getting very wet.

Janne

First Name
Janet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue , ‘96 BMW 328i Convertible
I wonder if they help keep some of rain out if I should get caught out on the trail.
I would think some, but not all. It does not cover the entire open area

JohnnyJLUR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Granite Crystal, 2013 Mazda MX5 Club
Has anyone had their front clips on the windshield fail? I live in Florida and suspect that did not help.
@AlienSunshade
20191103_143204.jpg
20191103_151718.jpg

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Has anyone had their front clips on the windshield fail? I live in Florida and suspect that did not help.
@AlienSunshade
20191103_143204.jpg
20191103_151718.jpg
Yep...seems to be a common problem. I'm in PA so it is not limited to hot climates. I PM'd Alien here on JLF and got some extra ones shipped out to me.

Sponsored

JohnnyJLUR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Granite Crystal, 2013 Mazda MX5 Club
Yep...seems to be a common problem. I'm in PA so it is not limited to hot climates. I PM'd Alien here on JLF and got some extra ones shipped out to me.
I wonder if just bungees wrapped around the window frame will work?

Bossrubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur, 1950 m38
Something I haven't heard anyone mention is how nice of a finished look the interior has when your hard top is back on with the front and rear alien sunshade installed. Looks great in my opinion instead of the blinding white if you don't have headliners.

parbo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I ended up just using the windshield bolts for the front bungees. I have been through two sets of clips. Each failed within a couple weeks. Both sets were installed correctly. PITA. I live in San Diego. Not sure if weather plays a role. The clips are horrible.
Sponsored