Alien Sunshade VS DirtyDof 4x4 sunshade

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Any thoughts on these two? One have better quality etc?
Sponsored

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Look at the Spiderwebshade. I like the way it attaches much better than the Dirty Dog or the Alien Shade. My opinion.

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
Hi Karyn,
We can't really comment on Dirty Dog's solution but here are some specs on our sunshade.
  • 15+ Colors
  • We offer a full length shade and a front only shade (with a rear only shade on the way)
  • No need to lower your windshield to install
  • We include custom fabricated windshield clips specifically designed to slide on to the sheet metal that forms the front edge of the windshield frame. These clips are part of the 4 front bungees which keep our shade taut.
  • 10 Year Warranty against defects
  • Free + Fast shipping on all sunshade orders (all in stock shades usually ship the next business day).
  • You can install your OEM hard or soft top while keeping your Alien Sunshade installed
  • Quick and easy installation thanks to our bungee balls - no bulky straps, no tightening or loosening necessary
  • Reduced wind noise and no flapping in the wind
  • Provides UV Sun Protection for you, your passengers
  • Looks great! (we're biased though):giggle:
If you have any questions about our shade, feel free to reply here or send us a message. We'd be happy to help!

-Andrew

jeep-wrangler-jl-cherry-red-alien-sunshade-sun-shade-mesh-top.jpg
Jeep-Wrangler-JLU-Rubicon-Billet-Metallic-Alien-Sunshade-Full-Length-Sun-Shade.jpg
Jeep-Wrangler-JLU-Rubicon-Bright-White-Alien-Sunshade-Full-Length-Sun-Shade.jpg

OP
OP
karynm8621

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Andrew

what's the ETA on the rear shade? I like the idea of 2 separate shades

Hi Karyn,
We can't really comment on Dirty Dog's solution but here are some specs on our sunshade.
  • 15+ Colors
  • We offer a full length shade and a front only shade (with a rear only shade on the way)
  • No need to lower your windshield to install
  • We include custom fabricated windshield clips specifically designed to slide on to the sheet metal that forms the front edge of the windshield frame. These clips are part of the 4 front bungees which keep our shade taut.
  • 10 Year Warranty against defects
  • Free + Fast shipping on all sunshade orders (all in stock shades usually ship the next business day).
  • You can install your OEM hard or soft top while keeping your Alien Sunshade installed
  • Quick and easy installation thanks to our bungee balls - no bulky straps, no tightening or loosening necessary
  • Reduced wind noise and no flapping in the wind
  • Provides UV Sun Protection for you, your passengers
  • Looks great! (we're biased though):giggle:
If you have any questions about our shade, feel free to reply here or send us a message. We'd be happy to help!

-Andrew

jeep-wrangler-jl-cherry-red-alien-sunshade-sun-shade-mesh-top.jpg
Jeep-Wrangler-JLU-Rubicon-Billet-Metallic-Alien-Sunshade-Full-Length-Sun-Shade.jpg
Jeep-Wrangler-JLU-Rubicon-Bright-White-Alien-Sunshade-Full-Length-Sun-Shade.jpg

Sponsored

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
Andrew

what's the ETA on the rear shade? I like the idea of 2 separate shades
Hi Karyn!
It's our current priority. The rear shade for the JKU models was so popular that we're not wasting any time releasing one for the JL.

I can't give an exact ETA but it's definitely a summer 2018 release!

OP
OP
karynm8621

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Thanks Andrew,

i just ordered the front shade!!

Hi Karyn!
It's our current priority. The rear shade for the JKU models was so popular that we're not wasting any time releasing one for the JL.

I can't give an exact ETA but it's definitely a summer 2018 release!

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com

NYC_Bobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2018 JL MOAB, 2016 Renegade Trailhawk
Look at the Spiderwebshade. I like the way it attaches much better than the Dirty Dog or the Alien Shade. My opinion.
I just picked up the Spiderwebshade at The NJ JeepInvasion over the weekend and LOVE IT! Was easy to install and best of all, my wife loves driving with the top off now!

Sponsored

Maximusdafarmer

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6MT
Occupation
Mariner
Vehicle Showcase
I have the spiderweb and really like it but I do feel it could be a tiny bit tighter. All the shades I have seen seem to have the same thing that bugs me however, which is latching the front clips of the freedom top panels back in place with the shade on. Unless somebody has addressed this that I missed? You can do it but your stretch out your shade and get finger marks on them and it's just a PITA

Windshield folding down or not is no issue to me, it stays installed (plus you don't really have to fold it all the way down just open it enough to get the clips in and then bolt it right back up)

Flapping is a big concern, the spiderwebshade does a reasonable job of this below about 55 mph, above that I can hear it but that seems reasonable to me.

A rear shade would be a very interesting option. We pretty much only installed it to offer some shade to our rear seat passengers aka kids. It also is nice the bungee are a separate unit on these alienshades so if they wear out or break you can replace them the spiderweb is all one piece

OP
OP
karynm8621

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Talk about fast, purchased yesterday and already have a tracking for delivery tomorrow. you guys are fast

psw757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat fx4
Is there a timeline on a rear shade availability?

Any issues with bungees scratching rollbar paint?

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
Is there a timeline on a rear shade availability?

Any issues with bungees scratching rollbar paint?
I can't reveal an exact ETA on our rear shade since this is a new product and when we go through designing, testing and setting up manufacturing, lots of factors can expedite or slow down initial production.

BUT, I can say with confidence that it will be released this summer. We have a pre-launch list so people can get notified when we do release it. Are you on it by any chance?

As for the bungees scratching the rollbar paint, the cords make contact but not the balls so no scratching.:)
Sponsored