Sponsored

Alien Sunshade - full length or two piece?

DadWagon

First Name
Matthew Couling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Any feedback on why one would be superior other the other?

Thanks!
Sponsored

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR
Two piece. Cleaner look, no interference with rollbars, no flapping in the wind, freedom to use front or back independently. Also seems that they provide better access to roof panels. One thing to consider, if you are above 6' you might look at the full length, as it rides on the top of the rollbars as opposed to suspended in the middle of them. I am in between 5'11" and 6' and the two piece provides plenty of room.

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
I went with the one piece due to my concern about my head potentially touching the shade. I do prefer the look of the two piece.

No issues with flapping in the wind, there isn't much slack once you get it installed

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Two piece. Cleaner look, no interference with rollbars, no flapping in the wind, freedom to use front or back independently. Also seems that they provide better access to roof panels. One thing to consider, if you are above 6' you might look at the full length, as it rides on the top of the rollbars as opposed to suspended in the middle of them. I am in between 5'11" and 6' and the two piece provides plenty of room.
I am 6’4” good tip, thanx

Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
6'4"? Yes, go with the one piece. I'm 5'10" and have plenty of room with the two piece even with a baseball cap but another half foot would touch or make me feel claustrophobic.

jsy

First Name
jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
soon to be JL Sahara
Is there a difference in being able to reinstall the hard top and replace/remove freedom panels between the full vs two piece? Thanks

Bravo

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0, 2016 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega CTD, 2019 Roadglide Special, 2015 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV, 2019 Skidoo Summit X 165, and 2018 Skidoo Summit X 154
I just installed the two piece today... love it... looks cleaner than draping a one piece over the top IMO... now for some matching cherry red wheels...
Sponsored