OP
Carlton

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Two different invoices?
I have attached the original POC and the Dealership's updated form. Two separate prices. Looks like FCA, or the dealership, has added advertising fees and $90 for fuel/battery charge.

fczabala

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR; X5
Clubs

Yup, my updated invoice shows these 2 as well except the fuel/batterycharge is $71...
it is what it is, taking it with vaseline as Stellantis passing down "costs of business" to
customers now and i'm not gonna fight over $200 at the finish line

on the other hand, msrp and invoice prices did go up by like 2k from the time I ordered but
thankfully dealer ordered it price protected so I'm not paying for that increase

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
Dealership won't honor the price protection and said I have to pay the increase. Won't compromise.

Still waiting on my finalized paperwork since asking for it multiple days in a row. I have the pokiest/least motivated sales person in history.

This is the 5th vehicle I have bought from them in the past couple years. Always went smoothly before. Crazy how one new person can make such a big change in regard to a dealership's efficiency 😆
Maybe you should bring that up with the sales manager and tell him there will be no 6th car and you'll spread the word so people won't buy from them.

Reactions: AFD

Sponsored

OP
OP
Carlton

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Maybe you should bring that up with the sales manager and tell him there will be no 6th car and you'll spread the word so people won't buy from them.
I have a call in to the GM. He is still dragging his feet and bo paperwork. He is a man of a million excuses.

OP
OP
Carlton

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Didn't get any better with call to manager. Now the story is the Affiliate code is valid, however they are waiting on approval from Stellantis that my proof of work/membership to receive the discount is approved/valid. They won't complete the deal until Stellantis approves it....

Never had this before. Always gave the code, showed a pay stub, or TL membership, and done deal at the time.

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
Again, just give them a crappy review. When they call you on it tell them to send you a check for the amount of the affiliate reward.

OP
OP
Carlton

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Now see my jeep listed on their website for sale. A bunch of pictures and a video saying come test drive it....

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Now see my jeep listed on their website for sale. A bunch of pictures and a video saying come test drive it....
Wow. That’s messed up. These dealers have no shame and no incentive to improve.

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
I'd contact @JeepCares or someone at corporate to look into that shit. They should have a major issue with a dealership trying to sell an already sold order that should have your name tied to it (and will do much worse if they end up using your affiliate code fraudulently).

Otherwise, just wash your hands of it and find another dealer that will honor 1% under FWP to reorder (if you can). Just be sure to find out if it's price protected in advance and get some proof of it (ie, price agreement showing the discounted price plus tax, title, license and fees, grand total minus deposit).

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
Man, these dealers can't seem to see beyond the end of their nose. The way they have treated people over the past couple years, especially return customers, is appalling. I have a friend that is a used car dealer and he said that there have been dealers shot for doing what this dealership is doing. They sell a car out from under someone because they can't resist that extra $200. I set up an appointment with a dealer 2 hours away to check out a used Jeep. I told them I was coming with cash and, barring anything like the tranny falling out when I drove it, I would buy it that night. When I got there the salesman sold it on the phone right in front of me.

I would almost expect that out of a used car dealer, but a dealership doing it on a new order is well over the line. I agree with AFD. This sounds like some jackassery is going on and it needs to be elevated to Jeep corporate with a note saying if that's the way they are going to allow their dealers to treat customers they will never see another penny of your money and that you will put them on blast on every social media network out there.

Reactions: AFD

roobies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 540i, 2023 JLUR
some of them will do that to get people to go in and then they pull the "we just sold that one" reply
Sponsored