Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2020 Jeep Grandcherokee
Occupation
Do nothing bum Retired
Just an FYI...
I contacted AEV a few days ago inquiring about a particular JL specific wheel. They said the JL specific Borah's will be available this month along with the Savegre. The Salta ( the wheel I was interested in) will also be available sometime but it would be a while.

I personally would prefer the JL AEV wheels cause they don't stick outside the fenders. And you can use the OEM lugs.
Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Just an FYI...
I contacted AEV a few days ago inquiring about a particular JL specific wheel. They said the JL specific Borah's will be available this month along with the Savegre. The Salta ( the wheel I was interested in) will also be available sometime but it would be a while.

I personally would prefer the JL AEV wheels cause they don't stick outside the fenders. And you can use the OEM lugs.
You do not use JK lugs for The JK version AEV wheels on the JL

MotoMax

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Do nothing bum Retired
The JL specific AEV wheel accepts the JL OEM Lugs.

cmmurray77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
I used the JL lugs with the JK Borah and didn’t have any issues. Granted, I only test fit them and took them off after about 5 miles. Should I not have done that? Seemed to fit just fine.

MotoMax

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Do nothing bum Retired
I used the JL lugs with the JK Borah and didn’t have any issues. Granted, I only test fit them and took them off after about 5 miles. Should I not have done that? Seemed to fit just fine.
The JL specific wheels are made with a few differences than their JK wheel.
You don't have to use a thin wall socket to get the JL lugs on and off, Has larger lug openings.
The center bore hole is larger so the spare fits on the carrier/rear camera properly.
The wheel is made with more backspace for the JL to keep the wheels/tires inside the fenders.

The one wheel style they do have available today that is JL specific is the Pintler. You can check out the specs here:
https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/pintler-jeep-jl-wheel/
Sponsored