Sponsored

Adjusting dual zone climate control as a single zone, am I missing something?

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Mean, the salesman can’t possibly go over everything. That’s why you have an owners manual.
Incorrect. I have sold cars for 22 years, and every new car gets a full delivery. Every button the car has and setting in DIC, and radio is shown. Every time.
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Incorrect. I have sold cars for 22 years, and every new car gets a full delivery. Every button the car has and setting in DIC, and radio is shown. Every time.
That would drive me crazy, just give me the keys. I can read. In fact I’ve probably already read the owners manual if I’m picking up a new car.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Since I got mine in September, the COVID protocols were mostly salesman stays out of your car. I generally tell them tell me anything that's not obvious and I'll figure out the rest on my own. I don't need to be shown how to pair my BT phone, or how the radio works, etc.

It did take me a minute to figure out how to get the dual-zone synced back up since it requires going into the touch screen. Think I Googled it on my phone and had the answer right away. It's not the most obvious method of syncing it back up, but when you know where it is it's not a big deal :)

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That would drive me crazy, just give me the keys. I can read. In fact I’ve probably already read the owners manual if I’m picking up a new car.
If that’s what you want to do, then that’s up to you. You’re the type of person that trades a car in and says about the new car, “I wish mine had that”’. Then I say it does have that. Oh, I didn’t know that. Always features I know about that the customer has no idea how to work or that they even could do. Even if it’s changing the theme on the 8.4 radio.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since I got mine in September, the COVID protocols were mostly salesman stays out of your car. I generally tell them tell me anything that's not obvious and I'll figure out the rest on my own. I don't need to be shown how to pair my BT phone, or how the radio works, etc.

It did take me a minute to figure out how to get the dual-zone synced back up since it requires going into the touch screen. Think I Googled it on my phone and had the answer right away. It's not the most obvious method of syncing it back up, but when you know where it is it's not a big deal :)
I’ve never had a customer complain about me showing features. As far as COVID goes. I still did deliver. Just used precautions and was still able to do a full delivery. I even go as far as showing how to disconnect the door plug in so you can take doors off and showing where drain plugs are.

Sponsored

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So for the people that say throw me the keys, or doing a full delivery is wrong. I guarantee there is something you don’t know you have or how to work. Yes you could google it, but why not let the person do his job. After all these years I still get excited showing features on new cars, especially Wranglers. Just like this thread. Had they took the time to let the salesman show everything like I do. He would know to do something as simple as sync his HVAC. Hit climate and it’s on the right side on the radio screen.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’m the type of guy that researches everything way too in depth, reads the whole owners manual ahead of picking up the car, and confidently knows more about the vehicle I’m buying than any salesperson on the lot. Also typically have thousands of dollars of aftermarket parts waiting at home.

My salesman jumped in to give me the run through of the features and I politely excused him. That would have driven me nuts going through that. Paperwork’s done and I have the keys, let me hit the road!

OP
OP
Elsinore73

Elsinore73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
So for the people that say throw me the keys, or doing a full delivery is wrong. I guarantee there is something you don’t know you have or how to work. Yes you could google it, but why not let the person do his job. After all these years I still get excited showing features on new cars, especially Wranglers. Just like this thread. Had they took the time to let the salesman show everything like I do. He would know to do something as simple as sync his HVAC. Hit climate and it’s on the right side on the radio screen.
We actually joked at the time that enterprise gave me a better overview of the vehicle last time I rented. I had already been through the manual and would figure out anything I needed. Gotta love this forum. Thanks for the input. I also didn’t know I could bring on the heated seats and steering wheel automatically below 40 so thanks for that tip as well.

had they gone over the details I probably wouldn’t have been listening anyway as I would have been too excited for my new Jeep.

Move over Swanson, I’m driving!

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
If that’s what you want to do, then that’s up to you. You’re the type of person that trades a car in and says about the new car, “I wish mine had that”’. Then I say it does have that. Oh, I didn’t know that. Always features I know about that the customer has no idea how to work or that they even could do. Even if it’s changing the theme on the 8.4 radio.
Yeah no, I’m the type of guy that knows more about a product I’m buying than literally any salesman ever.

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
Salesman explaining.... :CWL: :LOL: man, that is a good one! Whew, funny! Mine showed me how there is a cool cell phone holder between the cup holders. :like:

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
By the time I bought my 3rd JL I was giving the talk TO the salesman.
Sponsored