Sponsored

Adjusting dual zone climate control as a single zone, am I missing something?

Elsinore73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hi all.
Am I missing something or does adjusting the interior temperature require you to change both driver and passenger settings every time? My wife’s Acura works as a single adjustment for both zones unless you select “dual” then inputs can be made separately. I can’t seem to find a way to adjust both zones at once on the JL. Not a huge deal but I’m the only one in the truck 95% of the time and it would be nice to make a single input. Am I missing something here? Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Elsinore73

Elsinore73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My sync button is in the bottom right

Jeep Wrangler JL Adjusting dual zone climate control as a single zone, am I missing something? 6B6E7FF2-CF6A-4310-8CD6-9BF972199DBE
Thanks! Do you know if Sync will hold when I go back to using the dash buttons, not the touch screen? Ill have to play around with it more. Appreciate the input.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Hi all.
Am I missing something or does adjusting the interior temperature require you to change both driver and passenger settings every time? My wife’s Acura works as a single adjustment for both zones unless you select “dual” then inputs can be made separately. I can’t seem to find a way to adjust both zones at once on the JL. Not a huge deal but I’m the only one in the truck 95% of the time and it would be nice to make a single input. Am I missing something here? Thanks.

Did you buy your Jeep new from a dealer?

Sponsored

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes I did.

So I don't mean this in a bad way at. I am a salesman at a Jeep dealership, and there is no way a customer would ever leave without knowing that. Just like your heated seats and steering wheel can be set to turn on when you remote/regular start if the temp is below 40 degrees.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So I don't mean this in a bad way at. I am a salesman at a Jeep dealership, and there is no way a customer would ever leave without knowing that. Just like your heated seats and steering wheel can be set to turn on when you remote/regular start if the temp is below 40 degrees.
Only if you have the 8.4” screen though from what I hear.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only if you have the 8.4” screen though from what I hear.
Not on the heated seats and steering wheel. I'm just saying I can't believe salesman don't go over that stuff with customers. I show every button, and explain how everything works when someone buys a new Jeep from me. Doesn't matter if it's a Sport with a manual, or a loaded Rubicon. I still show all the features. That way when you leave you have an understanding of how everything works. Most people forget a lot of what I show them, but I also give them my cell number to call me if they every can't figure something out. I can usually walk them through anything over the phone.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Not on the heated seats and steering wheel. I'm just saying I can't believe salesman don't go over that stuff with customers. I show every button, and explain how everything works when someone buys a new Jeep from me. Doesn't matter if it's a Sport with a manual, or a loaded Rubicon. I still show all the features. That way when you leave you have an understanding of how everything works. Most people forget a lot of what I show them, but I also give them my cell number to call me if they every can't figure something out. I can usually walk them through anything over the phone.
In virtually every new vehicle I've bought, the sales person did what you describe. I recall most had the features down pretty well.

Sponsored

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
That is nice. My wife had a similar experience when she went to look at a Telluride. He explained everything including the subtle differences between trim packages. I believe he explained just about everything such that we had no questions to ask except for the stop/start function which freaked us out during the test drive. And this was before we even placed the order.

My experience when ordering my Wrangler was somewhat the opposite. But it was kind of the way I preferred, as I spent quite a bit of time on this forum and had already read the owner's manual before it was delivered. So other than setting up the trial Sirius Guardian and similar things, I really didn't need him to explain much to me. He was great at answering what questions I did have, and has followed up with me since to make sure I didn't have more questions. But whether it bothered me or not, it was a very noticeable contrast between the two.

OP
OP
Elsinore73

Elsinore73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dealer is a VERY good, lifelong friend of mine, might as well be a brother. I didn’t deal with a salesman, also didn’t really get an overview. More of a sign and here are your keys. My delivery wasn’t a typical one.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dealer is a VERY good, lifelong friend of mine, might as well be a brother. I didn’t deal with a salesman, also didn’t really get an overview. More of a sign and here are your keys. My delivery wasn’t a typical one.
Explains why you had no idea how to do the sync on you HVAC system.

Beebe Senior

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
My jeep salesman never even got in the Jeep to show me anything. Although, he knew I wanted to leave, and COVID so I am not complaining.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Mean, the salesman can’t possibly go over everything. That’s why you have an owners manual.
Sponsored