Adding rubicon fender flares with LED

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Does the sport have a 6 pin connector from the body to the fender?
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
So long as the sport fender wiring harness matches this

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/JL-Wiring-Diagrams/LAMP-DRL-LEFT-BASE-connector-details.pdf

then all you need to do is set DRL type to "USA" and set location as "dedicated". Also if they were LED equipped fenders, set front turns to LED (though this may not be necessary, it isn't quite clear).

Edit: Oh, also, go into your UConnect settings after doing the above, and turn on DRL in the lighting options.

freddiegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
So long as the sport fender wiring harness matches this

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/JL-Wiring-Diagrams/LAMP-DRL-LEFT-BASE-connector-details.pdf

then all you need to do is set DRL type to "USA" and set location as "dedicated". Also if they were LED equipped fenders, set front turns to LED (though this may not be necessary, it isn't quite clear).

Edit: Oh, also, go into your UConnect settings after doing the above, and turn on DRL in the lighting options.
I may be confused but do the white fender lights light up when driving with the headlights off? They come on when i use remote start and work correctly when i turn the head lights on. I have a 7 inch screen and don't see the DRLs in the UConnect settings. Is this a 8 inch screen thing only?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
I may be confused but do the white fender lights light up when driving with the headlights off? They come on when i use remote start and work correctly when i turn the head lights on. I have a 7 inch screen and don't see the DRLs in the UConnect settings. Is this a 8 inch screen thing only?
Have you enabled drl with a programmer? Yes they should be on when the headlights are off.

Sponsored

freddiegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Just noticed it does work using the first position of the light knob. It dosen't work in the Auto position like i thought it would.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
800D9B6B-706E-40A7-AECA-321E4E59A423.jpeg
BVLZ3051.JPG
Just noticed it does work using the first position of the light knob. It dosen't work in the Auto position like i thought it would.
Because that's your parking lights. Check under your hood on the left side for a connector going into the fender that looks like this

freddiegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
800D9B6B-706E-40A7-AECA-321E4E59A423.jpeg
BVLZ3051.JPG

Because that's your parking lights. Check under your hood on the left side for a connector going into the fender that looks like this
I tried to take a picture of it but i have the 2.0 and there is a relay box in the way on the driver side.

Sponsored

Xpack109

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I went to 2 dealers here and they turned everything on to LED they could, and still no luck. Tazer fixed it.
im in the same boat I'm thinking that the AD6 (LED Lighting Group) sales code needs to be added which isn't actually in the sales codes to be added and i also think that if get the sales code LPY (Daytime Running Lamp LED Accents) then the fender lights with work properly i have to talk to my area engineer about getting this done.

Mark Elliott

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
im in the same boat I'm thinking that the AD6 (LED Lighting Group) sales code needs to be added which isn't actually in the sales codes to be added and i also think that if get the sales code LPY (Daytime Running Lamp LED Accents) then the fender lights with work properly i have to talk to my area engineer about getting this done.
PLEASE update me with any progress you make on this! PM me when you get the fix so i can relay it to my dealer.

Thank you very much.
Mark

butcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Negative. LPY doesn't work.
Sponsored