Sponsored

Adding Body Colored Hard Top After Delivery?

PatriotUSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911S, 2020 BMW X5
I‘m comparing the 2DR Bronco to the 2DR Wrangler . . .

Looking at a 2022 Rubicon in the new Silver color. It has the Premium Sunrider soft top. My preference is for the body colored hard top however, but I’m open to the experience of a soft top. Can I add the body colored hard top later? How would that work, does it come already painted from Jeep? Anyone know the cost? What about the connections like defrost, rear wiper, wash, etc?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
Unless the Rubi was ordered with the dual top group, the plumbing and wiring for the rear window will not be there.

Blazing Saddles

First Name
Not Sure
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jeep
Occupation
Staring at this forum
Since the 2dr doesn't have a dual top option, I went with the hardtop from the factory. That way I would get the wiring done as part of the build and I can get a soft top later. They do sell the tops, but they are more expensive than the comparable upgrade on the build, e.g. ~500 for the premium soft top when you order vs ~2k aftermarket. So, you kinda have to pick your poison.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@PatriotUSA

Without question you would want to order the 2dr. Rubi with the body colored hard top. Add the soft top later.

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
Quadratec lists the paintable hard top at $3k. I've been quoted $1k at a good body shop to completely repaint a JLU hard top. So you're looking at $4k just for the top, and that doesn't include the wiring and wiper fluid kit.

Sponsored

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Unless the Rubi was ordered with the dual top group, the plumbing and wiring for the rear window will not be there.
Nor will it have the metal brackets up front for the freedom panels. On our JLUR I had to rob them off the traded in JLUR.

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
I would get the hard top and buy the soft top aftermarket for everyone's reasons above^

linux_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 6-speed manual, 2011 Compass 5-speed manual
I purchased soft top Wrangler (from Georgia through my Alabama dealer) and had dealer involve parts department so that a hard top and installation came with my purchase. A month later, when the top arrived, they wired/ plumbed/ installed.

Employee pricing in spring 2019 and the supply/ demand realities called for quick action. During an afternoon several that we located were taken off the market. The two door manual models took a little digging to find and when found weren't as close as would have been nice. So hard top after the fact became my purchase approach.

Glovetown

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler
Since the 2dr doesn't have a dual top option, I went with the hardtop from the factory. That way I would get the wiring done as part of the build and I can get a soft top later. They do sell the tops, but they are more expensive than the comparable upgrade on the build, e.g. ~500 for the premium soft top when you order vs ~2k aftermarket. So, you kinda have to pick your poison.

order bestop NX. It’s awesome

Blazing Saddles

First Name
Not Sure
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jeep
Occupation
Staring at this forum
I've looked at those as well. My issue is that I want a squareback top. They make one for the 4 door, but not for the 2 door. But, I do appreciate that option. I'm not totally sold on anything at the moment, honestly.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
If really want a hardtop, buy it that way and add soft top later. Much easier/cheaper. My old TJ came with both when new, but these days that doesn’t seem to be an option.
Sponsored