Sponsored

Adding an Aftermarket Amp(s)

LatteSipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Sahara 6MT, '23 Highlander
As long as you're OK with the Resistor approach (if needed) the LC6i should work.

It's unknown (to me) if the resistance the Uconnect system will see from the Audio Control LOC will be sufficient to trick the load sensing test. For that reason, if you decide to try it, just make sure you have the resistors in hand in case you need them (they're cheap).
Got it...LC6 may require the resistor approach. Thank you!
Sponsored

SimpleAce

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I did plug those two plugs into each other on the PAC wire harness and my factory sub still works. I have the gains up at about 75% and when I run a bass test from YouTube it hits pretty hard. Now I am not super impressed with the sound of music from satellite radio. I literally just finished up the install tonight so I still need to play around a bit. I did order the sub and plan on first connecting it to the alpine sub in the Jeep and see if I need to upgrade that. I feel like the system improved but still needs that solid kick from a sub really round out the system. I am not a bass heavy music person. I’m looking for solid sound that is full of that makes sense. I’m still on the fence if this system was worth the $1000 investment especially with how long the whole install took. I will keep everyone updated. I plan on calling PAC amp about the plugs in the back of the unit and see if they are supposed to be plugged in or stay unplugged. Here is a picture of the plug I am referring to.
1225B510-3F89-4F2A-B0B2-B6323E553B9F.jpeg
Hello! I'm looking at getting this and just was curious. You are running a factory sub with an aftermarket amp with this PAC module? Am I understanding that right?

How is it? Does it work well? Any issues?

Brunow

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Great thead and a big thank you to everyone. For those that are using the PAC, where did you place the control knob?

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
Great thead and a big thank you to everyone. For those that are using the PAC, where did you place the control knob?
I just zip tied it up and put it next to the module. After initial setup out is not used.

Sponsored

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
How do you like the pac? What's your current setup?
Like the PAC, integrated easily with factory 7". Used it to add in a little Kicker Key amp to push the after market speakers I swapped in. Made this a breeze.

SimpleAce

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Like the PAC, integrated easily with factory 7". Used it to add in a little Kicker Key amp to push the after market speakers I swapped in. Made this a breeze.
Im not a major audio person and I'm still learning. But from my knowledge if I run the PAC, then you run new speaker wires to all the speakers right?

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
Im not a major audio person and I'm still learning. But from my knowledge if I run the PAC, then you run new speaker wires to all the speakers right?
Depends on who you talk to really. I used the factory wires instead of running new but the Kicker Key only runs 50 watts RMS per channel. If using anything bigger I would suggest new wiring.

SimpleAce

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Depends on who you talk to really. I used the factory wires instead of running new but the Kicker Key only runs 50 watts RMS per channel. If using anything bigger I would suggest new wiring.
Ah ok. Yea i was looking into that but I was looking at 65-70 RMS per channel. Might just be better to run new wires just in case for better quality.

Thanks for the help!

Sponsored

willhayward

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Man - mad props for the in-depth write up. I fought a lot of this with my 2016 Ram. Anyways - a question I have isn't really to the primary topic of this thread but you seem to have the knowledge - I have a 2021 JL with the Premium Alpine system but am unhappy with the dash, knee panel, sound bar speakers and want to replace them. Can I just swap out speakers? I don't want to touch the sub or add aftermarket amps - just a speaker replacement. The system has the 8.4 uconnect - will I need to add resistors to the new speakers?

OP
OP
Sting_NC_USA

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Man - mad props for the in-depth write up. I fought a lot of this with my 2016 Ram. Anyways - a question I have isn't really to the primary topic of this thread but you seem to have the knowledge - I have a 2021 JL with the Premium Alpine system but am unhappy with the dash, knee panel, sound bar speakers and want to replace them. Can I just swap out speakers? I don't want to touch the sub or add aftermarket amps - just a speaker replacement. The system has the 8.4 uconnect - will I need to add resistors to the new speakers?
Thanks for the kind words! We've made a lot of Jeeps ROCK in this thread. :)

I think the answers to your questions are well addressed here:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/replace-all-speakers-without-amp.69208/#post-1455515

My opinion, and that's all it is, is that swapping speakers (without a clean, powerful amp) is not going to give you much of an improvement without ditching/bypassing the stock, low-powered amp.

The speakers in the Jeep are matched with the amp. Aftermarket speakers require more power than the stock system provides, and adding them can often make your system sound worse.

You'll find the entry level of the Kicker and Infinity speaker line have been OK for some, though it's becoming easier by the day to update to something pretty special. - Best of luck and enjoy your new Jeep!

Jeffmiller32

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2016 Mustang GT
Just traded in my Jeep and will be selling my pac Amppro non-alpine I’ve also got a custom sub box and amp rack for the JLU. I would sell the sub box and amp rack locally in AZ. Willing to ship Pac Amppro.

B43BBDD7-DB02-4E3C-80AD-1E018AE158B9.jpeg

0D3A6948-6010-43D0-B20E-0B0C8E4AB1E0.jpeg

61CDE685-55AC-4A43-9AE2-84CD1A2EE420.jpeg
Sponsored