First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I was reading through the instruction manual and noticed one of the included items says "AAMPPRO OEM Interface" so I assume this means it comes with the PAC AMP PRO...which explains how they are getting an RCA signal for their included amps. Based on this, I went ahead and pulled the trigger. It was $959 with the jeepbeach2021 discount. Shipping was free and there was no tax. I will post an update once it arrives, but it might be a couple weeks until I can find time to actually install it.

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 9.34.14 AM.png

I have a problem. :facepalm: :piggybank::piggybank::piggybank:

Hope it's as good as MB Quart of old.
Sponsored

lpasq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR - Prior: XJ | TJ

SG19JLUR

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Hope it's as good as MB Quart of old.
I hope so too. I design and commission professional sound systems for a living, so I tend to have higher standards. Most of my work is in stadiums, auditoriums, nightclubs, houses of worship, etc.

My original plan was to source raw drivers from one of the speaker lines I use for work, and build a system around that. But by the time I bought the larger kickpanel enclosures, larger soundbar enclosures, and the PAC interface I'm already at half the cost of the MB Quart system. This price point was too good of a deal to pass up, and if I don't like the way it sounds I will probably sell it and move on. I already have the factory Alpine system, so I'm hoping this will be a substantial improvement.

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon on order
I was reading through the instruction manual and noticed one of the included items says "AAMPPRO OEM Interface" so I assume this means it comes with the PAC AMP PRO...which explains how they are getting an RCA signal for their included amps. Based on this, I went ahead and pulled the trigger. It was $959 with the jeepbeach2021 discount. Shipping was free and there was no tax. I will post an update once it arrives, but it might be a couple weeks until I can find time to actually install it.

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 9.34.14 AM.png
So is this a complete plug and play upgrade system using the factory wiring harnesses? Do you have the upgraded Alpine system or the stock system right now?

SG19JLUR

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
So is this a complete plug and play upgrade system using the factory wiring harnesses? Do you have the upgraded Alpine system or the stock system right now?
At this point I don’t know anything besides what’s listed on the website, but yes it appears that way. The only thing it seems to be missing is an upgraded sub and subwoofer amplifier. Yes I have the 8.4” and Alpine, but it seems like it works with either system. If it comes with the PAC AMP PRO, then it should be compatible with either OEM variant.

Sponsored

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At this point I don’t know anything besides what’s listed on the website, but yes it appears that way. The only thing it seems to be missing is an upgraded sub and subwoofer amplifier. Yes I have the 8.4” and Alpine, but it seems like it works with either system. If it comes with the PAC AMP PRO, then it should be compatible with either OEM variant.
I just downloaded the install instructions and I did not see how the amps were installed and I did not see a step where they would have installed the PAC.

SG19JLUR

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I just downloaded the install instructions and I did not see how the amps were installed and I did not see a step where they would have installed the PAC.
The instructions leave a lot to be desired. When it comes to the amplifier, the instructions say something along the lines of ‘Refer to the amplifier instruction manual’ implying that it’s a separate set of instructions. It references a bracket for the amps, but it doesn’t give any detail as to where the amps actually mount. If it sucks I'm returning it, but I’m willing to give it a shot. I got a tracking number already but it isn’t giving me an ETA yet. I’ll post plenty of details once they arrive.

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The instructions leave a lot to be desired. When it comes to the amplifier, the instructions say something along the lines of ‘Refer to the amplifier instruction manual’ implying that it’s a separate set of instructions. It references a bracket for the amps, but it doesn’t give any detail as to where the amps actually mount. If it sucks I'm returning it, but I’m willing to give it a shot. I got a tracking number already but it isn’t giving me an ETA yet. I’ll post plenty of details once they arrive.
Hopefully you are able to install them before the 15th, I am really wanting to get these, especially since it is plug and play. I don’t mind taking trim off and running wires but I also love the ease of plug and play.

SG19JLUR

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Hopefully you are able to install them before the 15th, I am really wanting to get these, especially since it is plug and play. I don’t mind taking trim off and running wires but I also love the ease of plug and play.
I actually just tried to track it again and it says they’ll be delivered Saturday. I don’t think I’ll get them installed by the 15th, but I’ll definitely get pics of all of the components by Sunday or Monday

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I actually just tried to track it again and it says they’ll be delivered Saturday. I don’t think I’ll get them installed by the 15th, but I’ll definitely get pics of all of the components by Sunday or Monday
I haven't gotten a tracking email yet. So will await your review.

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just took the plunge also, I started pricing out building the same type of system and just for the ease of everything being plug and play using the same existing harnesses I could not pass that up. Does the fact that all of the speakers are paper cones concern y'all?

Fluffhead

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL sport 2 door
When installing the MB 6x9’s in the sound bar, should I do anything with the tweet plug? Splice it in with the other plug? Or stuff it in the sb? I don’t know much about this kinda stuff.
thanks-lloyd
Sponsored