Sponsored

Adding aftermarket remote start - suggestions?

Ktowler

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler
Bought a 2023 Jeep Wrangler. Want to add remote start. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Ktowler

I'm assuming you have an automatic tranny JL....

If so, I recommend you go with the Mopar remote start kit for your JL. Yes, kit will work with your 2023 JL.

Yes, the Mopar kit will run you $310+ and you will have to pay the dealer an hours labor to install and program 2 remotes... but what you pay for is well well worth the $ more then going with an aftermarket remote start.....

....AND you will end up with 2 fobs with a remote start button (2 come with Mopar kit) and you will still have your two working factory fobs without the remote buttons ..

....AND, you will not be saddled with an extra fob you have to deal with in regard to remote starting..

.... AND you will be far better off with the Mopar Remote that is covered under warranty. Important....... DO be sure to have the dealer add the remote start kit to Mopar accessories associated with/linked to your particular vehicle VIN#.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
OP
OP

Ktowler

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler
@Ktowler

If so, I recommend you go with the Mopar remote start kit for your JL. Yes, kit will work with your 2023 JL.

Yes, the Mopar kit will run you $310+ and you will have to pay the dealer an hours labor to install and program 2 remotes... but what you pay for is well well worth the $ more then going with an aftermarket remote start.....

....AND you will end up with 2 fobs with a remote start button (2 come with Mopar kit) and you will still have your two working factory fobs without the remote buttons ..

....AND, you will not be saddled with an extra fob you have to deal with in regard to remote starting..

.... AND you will be far better off with the Mopar Remote that is covered under warranty. Important....... DO be sure to have the dealer add the remote start kit to Mopar accessories associated with/linked to your particular vehicle VIN#.

OP
OP

Ktowler

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler
Thank you so much.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ktowler

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler
OP
OP

Ktowler

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler
Thank you so much. I was actually looking at that same one. It has really good reviews and a lot of people have installed it in their Jeep.

memayo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU, 2023 JLURD
@Ktowler

deja vu.....

2ktj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 YJ (ret), 00 TJ Sport, 21 Willys, 23 4XE Rubi
+2 for the Start-X off Amazon. I have it on both my '21 Willys and my '23 4xe Rubi. SUPER easy install, and for like another $130, you can add a cellular module for unlimited range. I have the cell module on the 4xe and I love it.

OP
OP

Ktowler

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler
Thanks. I think I am going to go with the X starter.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ktowler

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler
Is the cellular module worth it???

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
For 2023 the kit is installed, you literally only get two new keys and the dealer programs them.

That was the process for my 2022

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
For 2023 the kit is installed, you literally only get two new keys and the dealer programs them.

That was the process for my 2022
Just to be clear, Start-X uses your exisiting OEM keys without any changes to them. You press the lock button 3X and it starts.

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Just to be clear, Start-X uses your exisiting OEM keys without any changes to them. You press the lock button 3X and it starts.
That’s cool, but the mopar one is factory, and he just needs new key fobs to be programmed to work with the 2023. Nothing to install in his vehicle

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That’s cool, but the mopar one is factory, and he just needs new key fobs to be programmed to work with the 2023. Nothing to install in his vehicle
I guess I'm confused as to the need for key fob programing. The Jeep detects three horn beeps and it starts the engine. The key fob, on mine at least, is "dumb" and is oblivious as to what it's doing, other than sounding the horn. That's the beauty of the Start-X; no dealer involvement, a 15 minute install, and one third of the cost of factory unit.
Sponsored