Sponsored

Uconnect Remote Start OR Aftermarket Remote Start?

CrystalFit

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
Short version of my question… which one is better? I remember Vyper being one aftermarket option, and one other can’t remember off top of my head. Unless Uconnect is better bc I‘lbe able to use the same phone app for everything!?

Long version…
On August 4 I ordered the Snazzberry Willys, manual transmission, 2-door. I wanted to have remote start so that on the cold mornings when I am leaving for work at 5am in the dark, I don’t have to stand outside chiseling ice from my window before I can hit the road. I live on the third floor of an apartment complex, so definitely not running down there just to crank it up, then run back up to get ready! Well, as you probably already realize, when I chose the remote start feature, a note came up saying something along the lines of “this feature may not be available due to other options you have chosen”. I pointed that out to the dealer and asked “is that because of the stick-shift?” He said “no, don’t worry about that”. I said “I don’t think so… that straight up said it may not be available and I bet it’s not gonna let me have it because of the stick.” He assured me “no you’ll have remote start, I’ll make sure of it”. I challenged him at least two more times… he continued to repeat that I would be able to have remote start and that the manual transmission didn’t matter.

Well as soon as the vin number showed the Build Sheet online, the first thing I was looking for was “remote start”. Didn’t see it. Then looked up the owners manual, which led me to seeing the specific note in the manual saying “remote start available on automatic transmissions only”. So seconds before I called the dealer concerning this, he called me to tell me my Jeep was in Winston-Salem and should be arriving in just about two weeks. When I asked him to ease my mind about the remote start since he had promised I’d have it, but I was still really doubting after reading all the evidence against it, his reply was “you cannot have remote start on a manual because you have to press the clutch to start it”.

Y’all. Can I just say my jaw hit the floor!?!? When ordering, he literally argued that I WAS going to have it… and now he’s saying this?

Soo now I’m really trying to figure out what to do!! I only have a motorcycle right now and it is critical I have a vehicle before the serious winter months get here, but hate that my Jeep that I ordered 11 weeks ago is going to finally get here and not be exactly what I want. Not sure if I should flip my shit on the dealer and try to order again, and trade in when the next one gets here…. Even tho I’ll lose money… or get aftermarket remote start, which from what I read like once may be better. And if so, hoping it won’t void my warranty. ???
Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Well that stinks! Sorry to hear that, man!

I’ve used the UConnect app on my phone to start (I have an auto) and lock/unlock the doors just to test it out and it works (albeit not as quick as I was hoping).

I recommend using an aftermarket car starter as they probably work a lot quicker.

You can add an auto start to a manual. Here…check this good article out…

https://www.audiomotive.com/automatic-car-starters-stick-shifts/

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
Sorry to hear about your issues. I have a new 2021 Willys sport. I ordered it back in June thinking when it came in I could just add the Mopar remote since it was not an option. Once the Jeep was at the dealer I found out that since my Jeep did not have power locks, the Mopar kit could not be installed. I just had the Compustar remote start installed last night, and could not be happier. This is the second vehicle over 7 years to get this system.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Sorry to hear about your issues. I have a new 2021 Willys sport. I ordered it back in June thinking when it came in I could just add the Mopar remote since it was not an option. Once the Jeep was at the dealer I found out that since my Jeep did not have power locks, the Mopar kit could not be installed. I just had the Compustar remote start installed last night, and could not be happier. This is the second vehicle over 7 years to get this system.
Manual trans?

Sponsored