Ace Rock Sliders

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I’m exhausted after going thru 60 pages of threads of Steps and Rock Slider add ons. But from what I could see, I think I’m going down the Ace Slider route. Reasons:

1) My wife and I like the looks
2) You keep the existing Rubicon rock sliders in place (hiding that ugly pinch weld)
3) These things apparently really work as rock sliders (I saw a YouTube video of a jeep banging down on rocks with Ace sliders)
And most of all 4) They apparently will demolish anyone opening their door into your jeep (of course, I’ll probably smash my Lexus door into it in my garage :/

But I’d like to hear other pros and cons from people who have gone down the Ace route. Looks like its a pretty simple install once you get the frame bolts out. But other than that, it looks like just putting in 3 bolts on each side.

Does anyone know if you can jack your jeep up using the rails? Not sure it that would ever come into play, but it seems like you ought to be able to do that.

TIA
Sponsored

Timmybung

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (4-door)
Just a quick note- I thought the same thing ("Looks like its a pretty simple install once you get the frame bolts out. But other than that, it looks like just putting in 3 bolts on each side.") and was sorely challenged. Getting the bolts out in the first place SUCKED and then holding the rails in place while trying to get the bolts starts also sucked. Now granted I was working solo using only a 1/2" drive big ratchet and wasn't at home so I didn't have anything to help brace and hold the rails in place while I installed them. I ended up getting one on after 2+ hours of struggle and brought it to a local shop to finish it up for me. For $50 two techs came out with an impact driver and had it all settled in 15 minutes.

OP
OP
Jondrew

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
My son works at a dealer. He can get it installed for about the same. I’m not gonna bother.

Besides that, how do you like them? I ordere them this morning.

Just a quick note- I thought the same thing ("Looks like its a pretty simple install once you get the frame bolts out. But other than that, it looks like just putting in 3 bolts on each side.") and was sorely challenged. Getting the bolts out in the first place SUCKED and then holding the rails in place while trying to get the bolts starts also sucked. Now granted I was working solo using only a 1/2" drive big ratchet and wasn't at home so I didn't have anything to help brace and hold the rails in place while I installed them. I ended up getting one on after 2+ hours of struggle and brought it to a local shop to finish it up for me. For $50 two techs came out with an impact driver and had it all settled in 15 minutes.

Timmybung

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (4-door)
Love them. They look awesome and I find them useful getting in and out- not necessarily to step up on but a place to put your foot as I pivot in or out of the Jeep.
Sponsored