Just Installed ACE Engineering Rock Sliders on the JLUR

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I’m talking about the way they mount. Rubicon factory rails mount to the body only not the frame. ACE sliders bolt to the frame not the body. Some sliders bolt to both.
If you pick a slider that bolts to both you change the physics of the way the jeep is designed to function with the body and the frame NOT moving independent of each other.
The Jeep body sits on rubber cushions on top of the frame the body and the frame are allowed to move independent of each other because of these rubber body bushings. But by bolting a solid metal bar between the body and the frame you get rid of the designed body bushings flex.
I dont see how any of the body isolator’s functions are changed. The Ace slider essentially is just another huge flat washer between the bolt head and the frame. The isolators are free to function as before.
Sponsored

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
I dont see how any of the body isolator’s functions are changed. The Ace slider essentially is just another huge flat washer between the bolt head and the frame. The isolators are free to function as before.
Never mind, guess I’m explaining it wrong. I like the ACE sliders best. And those are the ones I’m getting.

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
Does this help?

20180721_124602.jpg
Ark, can you please confirm where these sliders start in the front as far as on the rock rails? I’m running front mud flaps, so I need about 1.5-2” of clearance, see photos as reference.

5EEB6979-08DC-4290-8695-DC5E7089AD6E.jpeg

93E20342-E12C-4528-BC90-CE8449ABB5DA.jpeg

Arkewn

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Ark, can you please confirm where these sliders start in the front as far as on the rock rails? I’m running front mud flaps, so I need about 1.5-2” of clearance, see photos as reference.

Jeep Wrangler JL Just Installed ACE Engineering Rock Sliders on the JLUR 93E20342-E12C-4528-BC90-CE8449ABB5DA

Jeep Wrangler JL Just Installed ACE Engineering Rock Sliders on the JLUR 93E20342-E12C-4528-BC90-CE8449ABB5DA
I have Rokblox flaps as well. Fits fine with no clearance issues. Hope that helps!

Jeep Wrangler JL Just Installed ACE Engineering Rock Sliders on the JLUR 1677963817166

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
I have Rokblox flaps as well. Fits fine with no clearance issues. Hope that helps!

Jeep Wrangler JL Just Installed ACE Engineering Rock Sliders on the JLUR 1677963817166
I recently picked up a lightly used set and having them installed in a few weeks. Also sprayed two coats of Rust Oleum bed liner black paint on them, as others mentioned, to factory match the OEM Rubicon rails. They now look brand new for a fraction of the cost! Did you notice ride height decrease after installing them since they weigh about 100 pounds?

Sponsored

Arkewn

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I recently picked up a lightly used set and having them installed in a few weeks. Also sprayed two coats of Rust Oleum bed liner black paint on them, as others mentioned, to factory match the OEM Rubicon rails. They now look brand new for a fraction of the cost! Did you notice ride height decrease after installing them since they weigh about 100 pounds?
TBH its been almost 5 years since I installed so don't remember specific differences. And I replaced bumper with steel one with a winch all about same time. All that that weight will definitely make a difference in ride height, handling, etc. The ACE sliders are heavy but I can vouch they can take a hit (or several).

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
TBH its been almost 5 years since I installed so don't remember specific differences. And I replaced bumper with steel one with a winch all about same time. All that that weight will definitely make a difference in ride height, handling, etc. The ACE sliders are heavy but I can vouch they can take a hit (or several).
I recently had them installed and am impressed how seamless they run w/oem ruby rails. The mud flaps also fit w/out issue.

IMG_0589.jpeg

IMG_0594.jpeg

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

I have been rocking the sliders, bumpers, and doors for over two years now and love them. I have the older version of the slider and never had a creaking problem. I have come down hard on the sliders and they have shifted up a smidge on one side but still do not contact the OEM rub rails. I have had to paint the bottoms a couple of times from sliding them on the rocks, but you would have to do that with any brand. I don't use mine as a step rail very often as I am tall enough to get into the vehicle without them. They do not stick out as far as most step rails, might be a drawback for some that want a true step rail.

Jeep Wrangler JL Just Installed ACE Engineering Rock Sliders on the JLUR 1680741220374
Sponsored